New "links" thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "links" thread?

I've been thinking about moving the old "summaries/links" to this forum, since it doesn't seem to get noticed in the other one.
    Also it could be updated, with things like the "essentials" list, "tech tree" discussion, etc., and dropping some older ones.

Any support for this idea?

Any suggestions as to what should go into it? Especially consider threads that have fallen off the 10 day marker.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Sounds good to me.

see the thumb

------------------
    King Par4!!

fldmarshallpar4@icqmail.com

There is no spoon
    -The Matrix
    Let's kick it up a notch!!
    -Emeril Lagasse
    Fresh Soy makes Tofu so silky
    -Ming Tsai

Comment

Theben,

It's a good idea. I wonder if we even need the List forum any longer after you move the links over?
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Well there's Ming's list of Cheats which is part o' the list but seems to still need updating. That should properly be moved to the civ2 "general" or "strategy" section.

Anything else could be archived.
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Hmmm....not exactly an outpouring of support...at least some ideas of what else should go into it would be nice, fellas.

Comment

Sounds good, Theben. This thread gets a lot more action. And yes, the other one might as well be retired. Sorry, I can't think of anything else right now.

- MKL
            [This message has been edited by MidKnight Lament (edited July 15, 2000).]
            - mkl

Comment

Dear Theben,

Since in my opinion the quality of discussion on the List Forum was usually far superior to discussion here, I am not in favour of closing the other Forum completely. One cause of this was the fact that one couldn't start a new topic there-only the List Masters could. So people were forced to search a thread where they could present their ideas and were forced to read more of old discussion. I remember searching for a thread on 'Domestic Politics' and not finding it. In the end I decided to present my ideas in the SE thread.

But in the end this impossibility to introduce new topics killed the List Forum. When people wanted to introduce a new topic they were forced to go to this Suggestions Forum. With time discussion and the participants became extinct.

My suggestion would be to move the more intelligent and continuous threads here to the List Forum. In this way those who prefer quality will have a reason to use it. And perhaps it should be made harder to start a new topic. I am often surprised when people introduce a 'new' subject when it has been discussed only two weeks ago! This is one of the causes of the departure of the Joker (and others) to another Forum.
              Something should be done to restore quality!
              Jews have the Torah, Zionists have a State

Comment

With the new 'sticky' feature moving the list thread is no longer necessary.

I think that until Firaxis gives us more to work with we'll be spinning wheels here awhile. Just think of the discussion here as people keeping "warmed up".

Comment

Working...
                X