Religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religion

I think that religion should have an effect on the game, as in reality, this was one of the major factors in manyh wars, even World War 2. The religious majority could also be able to have an effect on the Goverment types you can have and/or be able to overthrow your goverment.

Religion could also have an effect on the happiness of cities.

However im still not sure as to how religions would be started, as if you start in 4000BC as normal, then the religions, like christianity, started after this time period and therefor would have to be started by a player in the game.

It was as I remember an idea for the final list of ideas, about two months ago.
    As I remember it it evolved around the concept that all citizens had their own religion and they could influence each other to adopt their own views.
    The player could also take measures (evangelists, particular buildings) to favor one particular religion which gave him some bonusses (and of course disadvantages).
    I thought it a great idea.

------------------
    Adopt, Adapt and Improve
    Adopt, Adapt and Improve

Comment

Oh damn, where's that List: Religion thread... anyway, yes that was great idea (and I was one who originally suggested it, ahem, ahem...)
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Here is the latest Apolyton Religion Model, located in the Religion 3.0 thread. You can also find a summary version that was included in the EC3 and sent to Firaxis, which can be found on the Apolyton Civ3 home page.

[This message has been edited by raingoon (edited May 26, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
        X