What Does Everyone Think About "Test Of Time" Style Multiple Maps for Civ3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does Everyone Think About "Test Of Time" Style Multiple Maps for Civ3

I thought they worked well in TOT but i haven't seen them mentioned for Civ3

Sorry, haven't seen them. Can't comment. Can you give a brief explanation?

- MKL
    - mkl

Comment

This was a case of Microprose offering with one hand and taking away with the other.

4 maps was cool, but let's face it, we all wanted to put those maps together as a big earth map. No go.

The X, Y, Z, co-ordinates were way too frustrating. I want to be able to go from the left side of map 1 and appear on the right side of map 2, which you can't do in ToT.
      In a scenario, I would like to put a 'teleport' event on tile X, Y, on map 1, and have the unit appear on ANY unoccupied square I choose on another map, which you couldn't do in ToT!!
      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Although the CIV2-TOT ability to have 4 maps CAN, if the maps are in synch, be used to represent the Undersea realm (as a refuge for Submarines and as a location for Submarine-Submarine warfare) the Stratospheric realm (for High-Altitude Air-Combat out of range of most earth based units) and an "Orbit" realm in addition to the plain old surface level activities.

This better replicates the 3-D world that we live in in the modern age.

(Shamelss plug - See also my existing TOT-Earth-Undersea-Air-Orbit scenario which is soon to be updated, when I get around to uploadig to my web-site)

Comment

Post a link when you do.
          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Actually the old version of the Earth-Undersea-Air-Orbit Scenario/Modpack is there now (I think) but I am just about to update it with the enhanced Non-Alpha-Centauri version tonight (Australian Eastern Standard Time).

That is, give me about 5 hours from the time of this post and then you will be able to find it at :
            http://www.users.bigpond.com/kestrel18/

Comment

Modpack mentioned above now updated.

Comment

Working...
              X