Unit abilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit abilities

I am currently moding my game so as to make it more realistic. I am changing everything. The first of which is going through and beefing up the hit points of more modern units. Warriors are going to start out with 2 hit points and as you get better and better units, they are going to have more and more hit points. No more archers killing tanks. The unit that will have the most is the battle ship which I currently have at 14.

Here is one of the cool things I am trying to do. Tell me what you guys think. I hate how usless submarines in civ3 are. In civ 2, a veteran sub had a chance at sinnking a non-veteran battleship, not so in Civ 3; however, I have come up with a solution to to problem. Because of the new bombard can kill ground/sea units options, I have given the Sub a good amount of bombard strenghth and the ability to kill sea units with it (not land). Now with the way I have it set up, it should allow for the posability for a nuclear sub to sink every ship with just 1 torpedo hit. Now you have to be really luck to get all that damgae, but it will be possible. It will also be possible to sink BBs with nuclear subs, without the subs having to worry about being sunk while they attack. It would take at least 2 very lucky normal subs to sink a BB. This is a very cool way of allowing the sub to attack I think and it makes it more realistic because in real life, when subs attack, the enemy usually doesnt know they are there. It will be like this in Civ3 now b/c the sub will have a shot at sinking the ship. Now if the bombard doesnt sink the ship, then on the next turn, the ship can go and sink the sub which has just revealed its position. There is only one problem I forsee; I dont think that the AI would actully bombard other ships with the sub, I think it would hit only land. This is why I propose a new unit ability, TORPEDO. Torpedo would be like bombard, only it could only be used by ships vs other ships. It would allow ships to attack each other w/o actually going into combat vs one another. It would also give the sub the ability to sink much more powerful ships then itself, while still being very weak. Additionaly, this would make it so that the AI would use it the correct way. Now I have not been able to test this yet so I dont know how the AI would react, but I thought I would get everyone elses opionion on the matter.

One other thing, I think that there should be an Air Defense stat, this stat would determine how much damage an aircraft might take when it attacks. I am going to be making air power able to kill everything on bombard (like it rightfully should be able to), but with the ships, I want there to be some sort of defensive stat, that would allow for the plane to be shot down maybe.

It would be really cool I think if Firaxis put these things in. I have a bunch more unit abilities that I would like to see, but I will post them later b/c I have already typed a ton.
Working...
X