What is a good pri¢e for this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Minuteman
    I better not mention here how much I'd be willing to pay for a comprehensive scenario editor for Civ III. Someone from Firaxis might see it and take that as an indication of how much everyone would be willing to pay for it, and we'll all be bled white.

(Psst. Don't talk so loud; "they" might hear us.)

Comment

Actually, Firaxis should pay US since the game needs so much playtesting.

I didn't pay $44.95, plus Strategy Guide, to end up a Beta playtester.

Comment

I'd be willing to pay ten bucks for the game. I'll just have to wait a few months for it to start showing up in the bargain bin; it'll probably take that long for people to finally start ignoring the game reviews that say "We give Civ III a 98% because, well, it's Civ III!" After that it'll be all down hill for the game.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I'm wondering who the heck voted for $70. C'mon, own up: who's the sucker?
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

hey people stop voting for $70!!

Infogrames accountants will see this. And you can guess what will happen with games in the future.

We've been lucky there haven't been substantial increases in game costs the past 5 years or so (of course the companies make add ons to increase their profits). Who knows how long that will last.

Comment

As is: FREE!

Patched, fixed, MP included, fully functional editor: $70 (what I originally payed, before I took it back)

Comment

If the non-existent scenario editor ever comes out then I'd consider getting it for the present full market price, about a hundred $ Aus.
                If the LE contained what it was supposed to then I'd probably grab that instead.
                Without said editor I won't touch the thing.

Comment

Whatever Infogrammes decides to charge. Let the marketplace rule.

And no, I didn't vote.

Comment

I would pay around $30-40 for the game and all the LE "extras". I do kind of like the tin, and despite the games flaws I have a good time with it...but I do feel a bit ripped off, paying $60 for the LE.

Comment

I bought the US Limited edition last November here for 79 German marks, that's about $35. It's a good price and I don't feel ripped off. I feel rather ripped off by Microsoft, because especially for playing Civ3 I had to install an operating system, that was more expensive and much more buggy than a game can ever be.

Comment

I would pay around $30-40 for the game and all the LE "extras". I do kind of like the tin, and despite the games flaws I have a good time with it...but I do feel a bit ripped off, paying $60 for the LE.
                        Hey, do they sell just the tin, without the game? I might be willing to go for that!

Comment

The cheaper the better...

Duh!
                          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Working...
                          X