Are UU less realistic/fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are UU less realistic/fun?

Sorry if this poll was already posted a long time ago (maybe?) but now the game is out and I don't remember seeing such a poll after people have played.

So, what do you think about unique units? Little too AoEish?

Some may think they are less fun because that they limit some part of strategy to some unit bonuses, some may find them more realistic because that they differentiate civs, other may find them less realistic for some other reasons.

Here is MY opinion (if you wanna read it):
    In my opinion, units that were espescially strong in history were strong because:

1- that the enemy didn't have them yet and/or was technologically more advanced (like hoplite, elephants, F15, Panzer (today's tanks beats Panzer, but Germans were more advanced on tanks first. Same for F15), etc.)

2- of a especially strong leader, sometimes by good strategic ideas or tactics (as legion, hoplite, impis)

3- of advantages given by topography or specific aspects of the civ's territory (like Iroquois with their warriors (not the horses we have now...), or Jaguar warriors with especially good communication system (roads, etc.))

4- of culture. (Jaguar warriors that have a very strong military culture, Samorais)

5- of morale and war experience of units or of general population (F15, Babylonian bowmen)

6- of golden age, which have influences on creativity, productivity and absolutely all in a civilisation.

But stil, I like Civ III's UU to be implemented for people who are making less fun with realism and for myself when I wanna play like this. So even if I'd prefer a better system about units bonuses, I feel it's better having the option to put UU than be obliged to play without.
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!
Working...
X