Unit Changes..What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit Changes..What do you think?

I made a previous post about how I edited some buildings to lower corruption, like making the police station lower corruption. I thought some of the units were messed up, so I edited them too, I'd like to know peoples opinions.

1) Infantry 6/10/1 cost:90 I thought men with repeating rifles should have more attack then 6. They are quite expensive, and should be able to counter attack most attackers. I made them 8/10/1 Cost:90 Not a big change, but I liked it.

2) Marines 8/6/1 Cost 100. Ok, big problem here.... you can clearly see they have fully automatic assult rifles, plus for whatever reason, I also consider marines to be powerful.... I mean look how many objectives they have taken in history. 8/6 just didnt do them justice, especially for 100 shields, the same cost as a tank. I made them 12/8/1. The reasons for this are thier high cost, they have automatic assult rifles, so should be tougher then men armed with rifles that have to be reloaded each time with a pull of a lever. They are also actually usefull now.... I used them a lot to take island cities. 12 might be a tad powerful... I might lower it to 10/8, but 8/6 was really just way to weak.

3) Paratroopers 6/8/1 Cost: 100 Same thing as with marines... high cost and only 6/8? Ive also seen some programs on paratroopers, they are very highly trained troops, and heavy weapons and some vehicles are even droped down with them. I made them 10/8/1 cost: 100. I made them a bit weaker then marines, thinking it would be harder for them to bring bigger weapons and more ammo, but like I said, I may make marines 10/8/1. Someone who knows a lot tell me: are theire really any diff between marines and paratroopers other then Marines attack from the sea and Paratroopers from the air?

4) Cavalry 6/3/3 Cost: 80 I puzzled over this for a while.... Iwanted to make them stronger, but I actually find cavalry effective until the enemy gets Mech Inf. They are very fast, not too expensive, and rarely die, they retreat from combat. However, I really think men with guns and swords deserve more defence then knights. I made them 6/4/3.... but then what to do with Russian Cossaks? Suggestions welcome here. I was considering making them less expensive or maybe 8/4/3.... though that seems pretty powerful.

5) Battleships 18/12/(12) 5 Cost: 200 Ok im sorry... nobody give any annoying examples like the sinking of the Bismark or whatever, a Battleship is WAY stronger then a destroyer, and it would KILL a destroyer 1vs1. I upgraded it to 22/18/(16)5 Sound too strong? Well a battleship IS ultra strong. Only two things made countries stop using them: 1) enormous cost in $ and crew 2) Vunerable to air power. US recommisioned 4 battleships because they are good. If a battlship cost 1 coin a year and used no people like in Civ 3, you woulsd see A LOT of battlehsips. I upgraded bombard because a large B ship has 16 inch cannons. This means the shell it fires is 16 inches in diameter, and about 5 feet long. It can hit targets up to 25 miles away. In other words, its a beast, and I think deserving of the upgraded I gave it. Wanna sink it? Bombard it like crazy then send in destroyers, just like real life.

6) Destroyers 12/8/5 Cost? I upgraded it to 12/10/6. 6 Speed because a destroyer is faster then big ships, and a bit more defence to help lessen the BS of being sunk by an ironclad.

7) Carrier 1/8/4 Cost? All I did here was make is 1/8/5. I think people all agreed 4 speed was too slow.

6) Subs and Nuke subs: 6/4/3 Cost:? Ok... I know Subs donr have good defence, but 4? an ironclad can sink a nuke sub? I think NOT. Civ 3 should REALLY have taken an idea from CTP 2 here, and made it so only certain ships could sink subs. However, they didnt, so I had to make it so sialing ships and iron clans could not sink subs. Now, Im not sure on this one, but I REALLY think a modern sub is faster then an iron clad... 3 is too slow. I made Suns 8/6/4 and Nuke subs 10/8/5. I know a good amount about most military planes/vehicles/ships, but very little about subs... someone tell me if im wrong in this change.

7) AEGIS Cruiser 12/8/5 Cost? Ok, a very modern Ship, armed with guided missles , depleted uranium vulcan cannons for anti aircraft/missles and regular cannons. Also most modern computers, radar, tracking etc there is. I say it deserves more then 12/8/5. I upgraded it to 14/12/5/ I wish it had air defence like in Civ 2.... thats one of its main points.... but I saw no option to do so.

Well thats about all.... I will probably test and edit more. One Q for anyone who knows... why do no units ever have uneven numbers for A/D beyond 1 and 3? theres no 9/7 or 11/5. Why is this?
Working...
X