What things affect the power graph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What things affect the power graph?

I read a post on a few things that effect the power graph including specifics such as ?# people increase graph by one and 2.?? techs = one point on power graph and approx 250 gold = 1 point on the power graph. I can no longer find this post. Can someone point it out to me. I am doing some research and this info is essential to it. Thanks
    "I know not how I may seem to others, but to myself I am but a small child wandering upon the vast shores of knowledge, every now and then finding a small bright pebble to content myself with"
    Plato

I found this thread by Adam Smith http://apolyton.net/forums/Archives/...-3-000365.html

might be better ones though
    [This message has been edited by Chris1111 (edited April 19, 2001).]

Comment

I don't believe that that formula is correct for Civ II. It is from Civ I and it contradicts some of the stuff I have seen in my games. I believe that 2.67 or so techs = 1 point on the power graph for instance whereas for that formula it would be 1 tech = 8 points on power graph. Anyone have a link to a more recent thread?
      "I know not how I may seem to others, but to myself I am but a small child wandering upon the vast shores of knowledge, every now and then finding a small bright pebble to content myself with"
      Plato

Comment

Somebody recently posted a link to some other site where there's a clear explanation that supports you. Sorry I don't have time to find it right now. Search for "power graph" in posts during the last 30 days.

Comment

Debeest, I believe that is the link i was referring to. I remeber reading it recently but can't remember where. I don't know how to search anyways. Maybe i can figure it out.
          Plato

Comment

The link you are talking about goes to War academy at CivFanatics http://www.civfanatics.com/civ2powergraph.shtml
            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Thanks ST,

I have been looking for this all day. I thought I found it on Apolyton but i musta found a link to it from here. Now i can get on with my research. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad. It is so boring
              Plato

Comment

i don´t think units don´t have an effect on the pg. even more i think vet-units increase it even more. i haven´t hardcore-tested this but i played more than hundred of pg-games......and it really seems to play a major role.

just ask some other pg-ecperienced players
                weird god, EUROPA

Comment

Nope.Ando has proven beyond doubt that units play no role what so ever.
                  Population
                  techs
                  gold
                  The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I agree with Smash. If you can prove differently be my guest.
                    Plato

Comment

Man... we've gone through this before, and ABSOLUTE proof was provided.
                      Pop, Techs, and Gold... That's all she wrote
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

the formula is missing one important thing: vet-units
                        weird god, EUROPA

Comment

Weird God: Are you saying vet units effect the power graph? Non vet ones don't seem to I don't see why vets would.
                          Plato

Comment

It's population, by far.
                            Which makes the graph, especially with Pyramids built, bogus.

When a newbie, I tried playing League games.
                            Always heard, we'll play until 1 A.D.
                            Boom, somebody builds Pyramids and done deal.
                            Tribes? A different thing.

------------------
                            It's In The Way That You Use It
                            Tuatha De Danann Tribe

Comment

Working...
                            X