Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Bug in TOT

(Maybe someone already discovered it)

I couldnt find the time to research it completely but here it is in general :

When an engineer is surrounded by two(or more) non-adjacent squares that contain farmland AND railroads, and you press the B key to build a city and then press the cancel button, you get ready farmland on the square that the engineer stands on.

------------------
    Builder.

"Antisemites? They are just the descendants of monkeys and are jealous of the descendants of Adam and Eve"

"The length of a minute depends on which side of the toilet door you're on"
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

And they had the nerve to call this game 'Test of Time', when they obviously never took the time to test it.
    Hasdrubal's Home.
    Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

LOL

Think how this bug can help! Instant farmland!
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Wow! That's one cool bug!

but don't you get railroad too?

and i don't remember, if you press the cancel button, does it waste one of your moves?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sirotnikov on 04-05-2001 04:50 PM

but don't you get railroad too?

and i don't remember, if you press the cancel button, does it waste one of your moves?

No.

No.

Comment

One word: WOOPS!!!!!!

He-he, for those TOT players out there, make sure and remember this one
            I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

Gee anyone try this in CIV II ?

RAH
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

First find the 'Cancel' button, RAH!

------------------
                Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
                "The Great Library must be built!"
                "A short cut has to be challenging,
                were it not so it would be 'the way'."
                - Paul Craven
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I also encountered another weird, but not unpleasant bug in ToT:

I had a city building a battleship. The turn it was finished, I moved it out of the city and battleship #2 popped up in the city square! So I moved that one out too, and very quickly, before ToT came to its senses and started behaving normal again! I couldn't for the life of me figure out what I had done to make this happen, but I did click into that city for some reason I wish I could remember, before moving the first battleship out. This has happened to me more than once with ToT, so I'm pretty sure I was not hallucinating.

Now how does ToT know that I used to be in the Navy and like to play with a lot of ships?

Comment

Just checked, and this bug doesn't exist in 2.42.

Comment

Scouse Gits, Good point.
                      But, you'll notice that someone checked it.

RAH
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                      X