No announcement yet.

Restarting Civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use both. But it can get damn annoying killing off tiny civs, that are so far behind me. Where is the challenge?

------------------
    Give me Liberty, or give me death!
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Yep, that's why if I'm really in the blast them all mood, MPE or the UN is so necessary. Occasionally, Civ decides an island/continent is large enough to support a civ and drops a restarted civ's settler on it. But there's not a single grassland or plains tile on the island, so they never build a city, and there's no other way of tracking down where they are!

I was trying to conquer without building any wonders, and after killing off ten civs, the game kept going, but I couldn't find anybody. Because there were no enemy cities, none of Trade advisor, find cities, checking unit locations, etc. would help. I finally rush built Marco, and found two different settlers wandering on polar islands.

One was about eight tiles in total size, all arctic and tundra. To be honest, I'm guessing the settler was a restart, but the poor bastard may have been there since the dawn of time :-)

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 02-25-2001 11:05 PM
        Am I correct in thinking that if you have the option for re-starting civs activated - they will not re-start from 1500AD onwards? (Deity)
        ---------
        SG(2)

Nope, I've seen spanish restart all the way up to 1950.

Comment

Working...
        X