No announcement yet.

Early Tech -- a poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds a bit unusual. I suspect the magic reload key.

The old trick was to hut hunt, keeping your science at zero. So when you got philosophy you wouldn't get your freebie then. Reset on huts so you wouldn't get invention too early. Get all the prereqs for demo, get invention, turn on your science % and get to select demo as the freebie.

Other that a similar technique, I find this hard to believe.

Please let us know the methodology you used, I'd be very interested.

RAH
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes Rah, that's the way, and playing on a giga map makes it real easy, no reloads were necessary (except for a few thousand times Veii - it's OCC#23, variation 1).

I also used another old trick (see Solo's description) to delay the discovery of Invention.

------------------
      If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
      A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
      Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

In my recent game I had ZERO techs by 1AD (except roads, mining and irrigation of course)

I was trying the 'Wait for Jesus'-challenge where you put your two settlers to sleep until 1AD and then build your first city!

Btw, it's a very fun challenge and not so difficult as one might think.. those AI civs are VERY sympathetic for your pathetic state and are very generous at giving out their techs. With ICS strat I reached supreme at 1800AD and are heading to conquer the whole world!
        [This message has been edited by Marko_Polo (edited February 26, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
        X