Maximal number of cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximal number of cities?

I wonder if there is a maximal number of cities that you can have in Civ II?

I know that there's a (theoretical) limit for the city size (127) and for the total number of population (320 000 000), so I think that there must also be a max number of cities.

There is, unfortunately. You cannot have more than 255 cities.

------------------
    If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
    A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
    Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

More accurately, all civilizations together can't have more than 255 cities. So if the 6 other civs each have 20 cities you can only have 135 cities.

Comment

The 320,000 million population is only on the automatic sum calculation that appear on a couple of screens. You still grow citizen after that point and the population of each city can still grow. Is is, however, very tedious to tab through all the city screens to sum their populations to get the real total.

The no limits patch cures: the 320,000 population caculation limit; the treasury going funky somewhere in the 30,000s; and allows you to make larger maps; this three at the cost of diabling your senario editor. It is available in the dowloads section of the Civ2 section of this site. There are versions for MGE & ToT but not original civ2.

There is no cure available for the 255 city limit or the 255 Future tech limit (rolls over to ZERO if you hit 256)

------------------
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Pontificator Pendanticus
        older richer & wiser than you
        Did I mention that I like spellcheckers?
        [This message has been edited by Lefty Scaevola (edited February 12, 2001).]
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Paul on 02-12-2001 08:30 AM
          More accurately, all civilizations together can't have more than 255 cities. So if the 6 other civs each have 20 cities you can only have 135 cities.

Yes, that may become a big problem in the AI-headstart game I'm playing! If the other tribes have 40+ cities each I'm in trouble ....

------------------
          If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
          A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
          Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Ribannah, Paul, Lefty Scaevola:
            Thank you for your informations.

quote:

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola on 02-12-2001 09:08 AM
            There is no cure available for the 255 city limit or the 255 Future tech limit (rolls over to ZERO if you hit 256)

I think there's such a limit (probably 255) for the Peace points, too. I once played a game and had a lot Peace points in my civilization score, about 200 IIRC. Suddenly, my Peace points felt down to zero!

Comment

Working...
            X