• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"f*** the next lesson, i'll pass the test guessin'"
    emeniem:"as the world turns"
    now, GO PLAY CIV.

"our words are backed by nuclear weapons"
    "oh, yeah. well, our nukes are backed by 100%money back guarantee, so there."

Comment

La Fayette

Shades of grey ought to be allowed. Should be mandatory, in fact.

May I ask whereabouts in La Belle France is the fair town of Albi to be found?

And I wonder whether you feel inclined to add your location in the "Where are we" thread in the Community forum. France has heretofore been sadly unrepresented both in that thread and in these forums.

I am still playing my "bribe every non capital city" game (but I am about to get communism and lovely vet spies so it may not last too much longer). The wretched Aztecs established an early democracy and no strategem would get them out of it (cf the Romans who regularly abandoned democracy just for the doubtful pleasure of saying nasty things to me when I spoke to them - even if, when I asked to speak to them, my diplo was standing right beside one of their cities with his pockets full of cash).

Despite frustrating my plans, the Aztecs rather won my heart in that despite my emptying their cities of defenders (with mighty ironclads) in the hope that the nearby Japanese (not a democracy) would capture them, the Aztec wise men blythely decided that Sanitation was the advance upon which their peacefully minded civ should concentrate. Now that is taking pacific intent seriously! I am pretty much resigned to letting them succesively (and slowly) rebuild a palace in each of their remaining three cities so that I can take each in turn by military means.

Comment

EST
        Would pearl grey for George Smiley and anthracite grey for the moles suit you?
        Toulouse should be easy to find on any map (except perhaps small random map). They are busy building Airbus there (better build Airbus than Concorde just now).
        80km NE you find Albi (motorway all the way; I live in Saint-Sulpice halfway along, but my job is in Albi; I play civ2 at home and get linked to ACS...hush, don't tell my boss, I'm not sure he's an addict).
        Going to have a look at the community forum.
        Crush those Aztecs with vet spies (slate grey for them?).
        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Working...
        X