No announcement yet.

Shakepeare's Theater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the correction on HG. This thread and one or two other recent ones have made me realise that I need to spend some time looking at a few of my cities' "Happy" screens if I want fully to appreciate the mechanisms by which this part of the game work. Finding ways to cope with unhappiness must be about the first challenge the game offers and much of my own technique may have become a bit unthinking.

I'm not so sure about enraged to happy being an unintended feature. I can just about imagine it being written in while the developers were seeking the right balance between constraining expansion and allowing frontier cities a chance to get off the ground.

Bet they didn't think of ICS though. That's just a happy (?) accident.

Comment

Perhaps i misunderstood something.

In a separate game i have also built shakepeares theatre in my capital. Now i had no temples or colliseums, but i have Mike's chapel and 3 troops in the city. Its on diety level. I revolted to change governments. While in anarchy, the people of my capital revoted. I looked at the city with Shakespeares and it had one unhappy person. Why is this? It seemed as though Shakespeares turned all the extremely unhappy (black) people into regular unhappy citizens (red). Then it seemed like the 3 troops + mike's chapel made 7 people happy. Leaving the size 8 city with 1 unhappy, and a revolt. Does shakespeare's only do so much? I am perhaps thinking i should not have sold the temple?

Comment

I've heard this problem before although I've never experienced it. What version of Civ are you running? How many cities did you have? I'm guessing the problem might be related to these questions.

As a side note, your capital should never go into disorder when in Anarchy since there's only one logical way to distribute trade: 60%(max) luxuries, 40% doesn't matter. Anarchy obviates the need to put any trade into either taxes or science, since you are prohibited from gaining either while in anarchy. Note that although you can can gain no taxes, you are not charged anything for city improvement maintenance. Even when in anarchy, your capital suffers no corruption. 60% luxuries should keep it out of disorder.

Comment

Sieve,

Thanks i know do see that keeping luxary full keeps out of many disorders, and helped me in my current game. However i am still interested in Shakespeares Theatre. I have regular multi gold civ as most do with the 1.3 patch. I don't change any rules and haven't even used simulataneous on my computer yet. I don't think its a problem. I was thinking that maybe Shakespeare's is not supposed to always make a city completely content. First i look at the wonder description which i think is "makes all unhappy citizens content" I thought maybe this meaent only the red regular unhappy citizens. But clicking on "happy" in the city will show that Shakespeare's turned the extremely unhappy (black) citizens into regular unhappy (red). Maybe this was intended?

Comment

Working...
          X