Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This isn't Strategy- This is Disgusting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This isn't Strategy- This is Disgusting!

I believe this is a bug in Fantastic World that has challenged my strategic intellect on Prince, Deity and other levels.

If I quit the game using the 'Quit' command and then load another game all civs will declare war on me and refuse to talk.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Such is life ...... one day you're the dog - the next day you're the lamppost!
    ---------
    SG (2)
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

no but now i will test it out just to see if your lying

Comment

So Mercantile, did it work or did it not work, as I claim it does not?

This is an extremely annoying part of Civ!
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

It only corrupts files in the main folder.
          I'll try this again to make sure it still doesn't work.
          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Oh, tough luck.

as if you weren't going to do so, anyway. :P
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

DC i didnt get the same result as you and i tried it 5 times, which means nothing of course. Everyone comes across weird things in civ, part of what makes the experiences for everyone so different. Is it still happening? maybe a reinstall is in order

Comment

you used the quit command though?
                I load other games all the time. But I do so using the load command, I rarely quit a game if I know I'm going to play another one.
                [This message has been edited by Dissident Aggressor (edited November 15, 2000).]

Comment

DA, do you play each game to its end in one sitting? Otherwise, don't you quit? Maybe -- retire? I'm honestly confused by your comment. BTW, love the Mojave!
                  [This message has been edited by Blaupanzer (edited November 21, 2000).]
                  No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

hmm well maybe I do. But I use the X in the top right corner. That is what I meant by my question. I don't actually use the pull down menu. I save my game then hit the x and that is is.

Comment

In Fantastic Worlds; I use the pull down "quit" menu to quit. Then when I select 'Load Game' or 'Start a new game' the AI will refuse to talk and will attack without diplomacy.
                      -->Visit CGN!

Comment

hmm yeah I never seen that. An easy solution is just to quite civ2 and restart it. Like I said I rarely quite and play another game. In fact I try to only play 1 game at once.

Comment

Working...
                        X