No announcement yet.

4 advanced tribes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only free cities i have received from huts before i built my capital came after 1500bc. Now that doesn't mean anything as far as i am concerned, after all its only happened twice and i would expect something "buggy" to happen with more frequency but unfortunately it hasn't

------------------
    Free Trade is good for everyone, it allows you to buy bigger guns!

Comment

I've gotten my first city from a hut before in Diety, and fairly early.

It does seem fairly common to getv stuck in a rut, in which you keep getting the same thing from huts over and over. Fun when it's settlers. Sucks when it's Archers.
      The camel is not a part of civ.
      THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!
      SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!

Comment

I never got a string of advanced tribes but I got a string of 4-5 settlers that helped me alot when I was building roads to connect my cities.

------------------
        "Freedom, Trade, Christantine!"

The Official Webpage of the Chrisonian Republic

The Viking Archives
        "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
        "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
        "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Its quite possible to get them before 2000 BC. Once, I got three in a row, and it was the first three too... Needless to say, I won that game easily.

But the wierd thing is that if it happens, it usually happens again with the next hut, or that's just my imagination at work.
          *grumbles about work*

Comment

ok, i just played another large map deity game, yes i know against the ai, but i can never find any opponents, so that aside heres what happened.

I came into a huge river section, found a hut with my last 1/3 mp and received a horse, which in turn found two more horses which in turn found three cities , a nomad, and 100g.

It seems that on the same turn, i received all of these great gifts, and then next turn, it was barbs

Comment

Speaking of advanced tribe huts . . . I had ships carrying 8 traders . . . and every trader got advanced tribes from huts on continents and islands. Every single one, one after the other. Since I'd never used traders so much, I'm not sure if this is common or not. Was playing on a large map, and it started getting difficult keeping track of these widespread cities. Still playing on, wondering how many cities I'll end up with.

Kayt

Comment

"Crustacian, didn't you read oedo's xxxo thread? It tells you in which years new governments can be established."

What is this thread? Were do i find it?

Comment

http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HTML/001359.html

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mercantile on 09-28-2000 11:54 PM
                    The only free cities i have received from huts before i built my capital came after 1500bc. Now that doesn't mean anything as far as i am concerned, after all its only happened twice and i would expect something "buggy" to happen with more frequency but unfortunately it hasn't

Are you saying that you have played a game in which you did not build a city until after 1500 BC? I find that quite amazing and would like to know what your strategy was and how well it worked! Were you trying a "no city" strategy? I can seldom wait more than 3 turns at most...

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Thnx

Comment

Cavebear, sometimes i take really long nature hikes when i play. After all the ai seems to mirror your growth rate. Sometimes i look for that perfect location, and there are times when it cannot be found within the first 10 turns

Yes i have tried the no city challenge many times , and with a small amount of luck, it can be beaten quite easily. The only stumbling block in those games are if there are city walls around, especially if there is no decent defensive terrain around as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X