No announcement yet.

Rules.txt changes you have made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great idea on making MC and Bach's expire. That could really put a hurting on the human player, as a lot of players can not live without it.

------------------
    Proud Warrior of the O.W.L. Alliance
    "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

"How could ICS be weakened without hurting the AI??"

This is a very interesting question. Most changes
      to weaken ICS impact on humans and AIs alike.

Many changes impact differently at Chief to Deity Level. I do not believe there is any single best
      way for all difficulty levels.

1) I am advised that the AI does not pay for improvements. If you put up maintenance costs of e.g. temples; a human ICS with 30 medium cities will suffer more than a human perfectionist with 10 large cities for maintenance.

2) Change the requisite technologies for aqueducts and sewer systems to technologies obtained earlier e.g. perhaps Masonry and Construction. This will enable the perfectionist to population boom his/her cities while the ICS is settler booming instead.

3) This might be combined with reducing shields for Aqueducts and more particularly Sewer Systems (many ICS hope to win before their cities reach 13 anyway)ever have to help perfectionists.

4) Perfectionists tend to mine more than ICS. It is worth increasing the bonus for mined squares. (As ICS with more cities has more central irrigated squares than a perfectionist; don't just increase bonus for irrigation to.)

5) Considering deity. At this level in single player; AI strengths are fewer beakers needed for science, fewer food rows for growth and fewer production rows required. If you increase the shields required to build city walls or temples; this will impact human ICS more than AI.

Comment

The only cOoOl change (for a bloodlover like me) was to completely eliminate tehe damn nuke!
        Or else it would be so easy to Destroy an entire army on 1 single turn, no blood, no fun!

Comment

Be the bid!

Comment

Working...
          X