Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alrighty then, you Map Drawers, Scenario Writers and generally Knowledgable Civers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alrighty then, you Map Drawers, Scenario Writers and generally Knowledgable Civers...

Ok, i've tried asking the creation people this, but there is hardly ever anyone there?!?!!?

So, do you guys know how the size of a random map affects the research rates of techs during a game? Is it on a scale based on the large/med/small map system? and is it based on the actual number of squares rather than dimensions, or is it more complex!??! and does a flat world make any difference?
    Cheers guys, just had a bit of an idea...

"There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
    ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

Oldman - I haven't tested maps other than standard small and large, and I haven't tested flat maps. I don't think Caesar has tested them either; I would bet that area is the driver and flat doesn't matter - but that is a total guess. I am messing around with the rules text to try to improve AI research paths, so I am testing some games now, I'll check out a couple of other maps (at least for the first 10 techs)
    Be the bid!

Comment

Yes its on a scale of small/medium/large. Sten is correct, flat maps make no difference what so ever, I just completed up to tech 20, identical results.

Comment

Cheers Guys, much appreciated!!!!
        "There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
        ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

Comment

Working...
        X