Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

i am a rookie at this game, but i was wondering.. is it just me or does the AI just hate you,, its always hostile against me.. i am playing the multiplayer gold version of civ 2.. help i need some answers

It's not you, the MP AI is very hostile! This topic has been discussed numerous times throughout the Forum. Try searching the Forums for #*%$!!! HOSTILE AI ! (kidding about the #*%$!!! part, most of us cuss the AI in English )
    I'll see if I can find that thread and past in the link.

Aside from that, WELCOME!

------------------
    "And now for something completely different..."
    - John Cleese
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

It is just you , the AI loves everyone else. They are good people though , they always make lots of cities for you to take .

Welcome to civ and please enjoy multiplayer games.
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Okay, here is one of the threads that I was thinking of http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum1/HT...tml?date=00:31

Poppawapa posted the question on several Forums (Gen, Mac and Strat) on July 5. Set the specific Forum to view 60 days if you want to see the others.

------------------
        "And now for something completely different..."
        - John Cleese
        "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

thanx macuser.. i appreciate your help.. glad to have someone actually answer me.. once again thanx for your help

Comment

Another poster from new york... excellent

Anyway, the AI is very hostile in MGE, for the most part now I only play 2.42... partially b/c its better for OCC... well its mainly b/c I 'lent' someone the cd and hes in colorado right now , the AI is FAR MORE freindly than in MGE. I'll have a hard time going back If you have 2.42 play that for OCC (yes I know its been said thousands of times)

Most importantly enjoy the game. If the AI is too hostile, either kick their ass, or switch to 2.42

Comment

hehe i "had" the regular civ 2.. but an unfriendly cousin of mine.. had borrowed it, and moved to brooklyn and never seen him for a while,, anywho i think i might grab a copy of the regular civ 2.. its annoying when the ai is worshipful to you in 1 turn and the next hostile to the blink of war

Comment

I have got MP and 2.42v but I still can't get OCC, what is this acronym spell out?

Comment

One City Challenge

http://members.home.nl/paulvdb/occ.htm
                  The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Actually, I see OCC and I think "One City Civ". Civ, Challenge, six of one, half dozen of the other, n'est-ce pas?

Do not despair, IamRookie. MGE is tough. But once you get somewhat proficient at it, it will be worth it. I win approximately 30 to 40 percent of my games these days and I'm very satisfied with that ratio. It keeps me from getting bored. But, Lord, how I am developing a distaste for the Japanese and Mongols.

------------------
                    Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.
                    Frodo lives!

Comment

Working...
                    X