X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[This message has been edited by oedo (edited July 25, 2000).]
    justice is might

Comment

It's going to be a real pain in the butt getting a good SSC site. Frankly there just won't be time to look for one. We have 110 turns to get Space flight.

I think that we need to have different civs primarily responsible for science at different times. If we can get the SSC civ, with the SSC and perhaps 6 or 7 other good science cities at size 20 + by 700 A.D. or so
      he could probably crank out a tech or 2 a turn, even without caravans. On a large world map in my 1455 A.D. landing I was able to get 1 tech a turn fairly regularly, albeit not consistently, just before Railroad and again after the Automobile. This was with about 1500 beakers or so. 1000 or so from the SSC. I think that this tech rate can be doubled with a better SSC site (obviously; we've all seen or heard of 1500 techs per turn from an SSC alone). But others need to concentrate on tech at earlier stages of the game.

This might be a plausible outline of an approach.

1. All players need to explore early to find each other ASAP. We can't afford to do a lot of tech duplicating. Only in this way can we get out of Monarchy fast enough. If Monarchy doesn't come along till 2100 B.C. it's all overn.

2. We need to know by 3800 B.C. where the SSC will be. Whoever is going to build it needs to concentrate primarily on building that city and secondarily on establishing 6 more good trade cities. No more than 7. We want him to be able to celebrate every city ASAP without benefit of HG. No time to build it. Perhaps he can build 6 cities and someone can give him city # 7 later, complete with Oracle. (Screw Theology) High tax rate at first to pump out those settlers for roads and irrigation, and build temples, harbors in Sea cities, Celebrate to size 8.

3. Early caravans to take advantage of 2x bonus for trade. Sombody may need to conjure up a lighthouse very early. Somebody else build some caravans real early. Somebody else boats. Afourth player needs to get some decent coastal cities to a decent size very early. Lighthouse and boats given to the player with Caravans to start shipping freight to the player with decent cities. In the meantime others are growing their cities and building Caravans. Once the decent trade routes availible to the first Caravan player are exausted, the second caravan player gets the boats and lighthouse. Meanwhile the SSC player is building his civ with a relatively low priority on research, getting money and techs from others.

Just a few ideas.

By the way. I have MPG again. When do we start?
      The camel is not a part of civ.
      THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!
      SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!

Comment

This could be a great challenge for just one player. Use the hotseat option and play all the civs in the best manner you can.

Comment

This is a real pain in the butt having this thread in 2 places. Let's confine ourselves to responding only to the same thread in the multiplayer section. Any chance of closing this thread to avoid future confusion Ming?

The camel is not a part of civ.
          THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!
          SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!

Comment

No problem... your wish is my command

The discussion continues at: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum2/HT...tml?date=17:42

Case Closed Here!

------------------
            Ming
            CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
            Ming@Apolyton.net
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
            X