No announcement yet.

A List of Challenges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems like no trade would fall under the challenge vik set forth with conquering with 0 cities. If you don't build any cities, you can't very well establish any trade routes For that matter you can't even buy any caravans since I've never seen a caravan or a diplomat come from a tipped hut

Seems like any en masse stratagy would work with no trade, since the goal is to overwhelm with numbers rather than out-tech someone. (ICS, early bloodlust etc)
    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Carolus Rex on 07-05-2000 10:12 AM
      A lighter version: hut popping and exploring with your two settlers allowed instead of doing nothing. Then settle down as late as possible and play it out as above.

I tried this one. I played on Diety, Large Map, raging hoards, etc.

I decided to play OCC. I started my city in 25ad.

My NON army at the time consisted of two settlers, one legion, and one horseman. I had Bronze working, Ceremonial burial, masonry, and horseback riding, and about 625 gold.

I was able to complete Shake's, Isaac Newton's, Darwin's, the UN, and Apollo. For the heck of it, I also built the Manhatten project, but that was probably a mistake.

It's about 1970 or so and I'm building my spaceship. I'll definitely finish before 2020, but I probably won't be the first one to AC.

Bottom line: It's a pretty fun challenge.
      The only way to stop a terrorist, is with a bullet.

Comment

Cool!

Some time ago I tried to come up with a two-stage OCC and a way to compare the results. The idea was to first play OCC and then conquer the world as fast as possible. Since OCC and early conquest are biased towards certain styles of play, that way both space men and bloodlust men could compete.

It didn't catch on, maybe it will this time? I'll see if I can find the thread.

Carolus

Comment

Been digging in the archives, found it.

http://apolyton.net/forums/Archives/...-3-000517.html

So, any takers?

Carolus

Comment

I think the no-wonder challenge would be a great way to prepare for MP (maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to have the time...). Question is - are you allowed to capture AI built wonders? Or are there really 2 different challenges - the "build no wonder" and the "never have any wonders"? The latter would be a real challenge because you'd have to wait for the AI to build Apollo, or destroy (not just capture) every AI city that had a wonder in it.
            yes

Comment

Carolus: Been there, done that.
              I once again point to my pretty little powergraph at http://www.geocities.com/stigha/occ.gif

C.

Comment

Working...
              X