No announcement yet.

City names with attitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always love when people name their cities with compass points like North this or West that... It makes it easier to guess where the heart of their empire is
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

quote:

I always love when people name their cities with compass points like North this or West that... It makes it easier to guess where the heart of their empire is

sounds like a neat way to misdirect someone too (ie name your frontier cities northwest instead of northeast or whichever is away from the approaching units) Kind of like that Boston thing Xin Yu tried earlier in the thread
      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

ROTFLMAO... I wouldn't trust any city name that Xin used

Yeah, there can be misdirection, but many of the people I play with have a set naming pattern. I like to vary mine enough to keep people guessing. I'll even change names of cities a few times during the game just for fun (and yes, I once did name a city Southwatch to "attempt" to fool somebody into thinking he had reached my empire... it was just a lone city from a hut... He captured it a few hundred years later)
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

A SPY WAS HERE!

for your opponent's cities
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Once, playing an MP game against my sister, I carefully built up a great SSC with copes ikes and shake's (No collosus though.) Then, a spy came up to my city, and renamed it TOAST. You can guess what happened next (Damn those stupid CMs.) She paid dearly though. Her SSC with the colossus was visited with a different type of missile. Mwahahahaha!!!

Comment

I once did a civ with Capital then Boiling, Hot, Very Hot, Warm, getting Warmer, Cold, Very Cold, Freezing etc. etc. I randomised the names to confuse opponents

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by East Street Trader on 06-27-2000 12:40 PM

PS Finbar. How about using the names of individuals as well the groups' names? Then there's the session musicians, the guys in the recording studio - cover artists maybe - still think there's a challenge in there somewhere.

Good point. Trouble is, Darlene Love sang lead on most of Phil Spector's Girl Group singles. Except the Ronettes, of course, where Ronnie Spector (his missus) did the job. But Darlene was the Crystals, etc.

------------------
                finbar
                Mono Rules!
                " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

"Razzledazzledya" sounds good.

Have to figure out a way to do it first tho', so's I can git to use it.

BTW gotta beg for mercy. My office walls ain't soundproof and I LOLed too much for my own good over a few of the recent postings. Ease up on the funnies, guys, or you'll be gettin' me sacked!

PS Finbar. How about using the names of individuals as well the groups' names? Then there's the session musicians, the guys in the recording studio - cover artists maybe - still think there's a challenge in there somewhere. Laughing too much has wrecked my stamina tho' (also being stuck in this dreary spot at 6.45pm) so don't have the energy to work it up.
                  [This message has been edited by East Street Trader (edited June 27, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                  X