Darn AI....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn AI....

Why does this happen? I am happily rolling through, crushing the russians, on my way to the wonderful land of the Aztecs, when the aztecs land a crusader on my coast. Whoa whoa, i think, where does he think he's going? So a turn later i simply send an emissary to the Aztecs, in the hope to ask this kind old crusader to get his butt off of my territory. But lo and behold, the option is not there, but the option to sign a permanent peace treaty is. So i am sitting there thinking, I could have sworn we were already at peace, but what the hay.... So i ask them, and get the customary response "No. We will not be manipulated by your Machiavellian plans". Fine Fine, i think. So i exit the diplomacy screen, and go back the foriegn advisor menu. And what do i see? I am at PEACE with the Aztecs! Ahhhh! Why is it doing this to me? Sure sure, I'm going to kill them in 3 or 4 turn anyways, but it's still pretty dang annoying.

------------------
    SandMonkey

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a qtip"
    -Homer Simpson

"Ecky ecky ecky!"
    "It's just a flesh wound!"
    - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Check out my 1602 A.D. site

SandMonkey:

You're about to be attacked by the Aztec Empire. The AI conveniently "forgets" it has a peace treaty with you — and what you describe is usually what leads up to the AI surprise attack. That way, its reputation doesn't suffer.

However, if you were to attack first in this case, I wager you would get away with no damage to your reputation. I've starting doing that — when I can — and 8 out of 10 times, my reputation isn't damaged.

So betrayal is a two-way street. **BEG**

CYBERAmazon

------------------
    Resistance is futile. Lower your shields and disable your weapons. You will be assimilated into the Borg Collective.
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

what government are you? And did you have any previous contact with the Aztecs? Sometimes with things like democracy, if you make contact with someone, unless they declare war on you, you will default to peace. Unless I plan on bribing the unit I generally try to refuse to talk to people who land on my land. Once the AI makes landfall and secures peace, they are much harder to remove from your land under rep. govts.
      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Cyber was 100% right! A turn later the Aztecs attacked me. Of course, I conquered 3 or their 4 cities in two turns, but hey, they wanted war Thanks guys.

------------------
        SandMonkey

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a qtip"
        -Homer Simpson

"Ecky ecky ecky!"
        "It's just a flesh wound!"
        - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Check out my 1602 A.D. site

Comment

Yeah, I've experienced that and 10 times out of 10 they sneak attack. Other strange things in diplomacy include the AI never contacting you, even when they have a unit right next to you, and when you try to talk to them your foreign minister says you don't have contact with them. Also, AIs sometimes talk to each other, sign a treaty, and then about ten turns later, they don't have contact any more.

Comment

Working...
          X