A New Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Challenge

I hope this hasn't been proposed before...

How about trying a game, on whatever level you like, without any terrain improvements by settlers or engineers?

This would, of course, put you at a disadvantage against the computer unless you knew how to keep the comp. from improving.

But, in a multiplay game where everyone agrees, it could be an interesting twist.

And agaist a computer opponent or opponents that DO improve, it represents a great challenge indeed.

And it could be real fun to see different countries start to go to all out war over a prized area because of it's natural resources so they could get ahead...

anyway, just thought i'd throw it out there.(if it hasn't been thrown out already)
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

sounds interesting. But guys like me who can't lose to an AI will just ICS his way to victory. Seems the only way to combat low pop cities.

Comment

Wow, I had no idea that my game idea would create such a firestorm of responses....

heh heh

I hope I didn't bog down the servers at Apolyton...

While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

many times in MP, terrain improvements take a back seat to expansion and only special squares and the odd other square will be improved until later in the game.... once engineers are in place though, it goes hog wild

------------------
        Improvements and wonders are just big bullseyes for the conqueror.... and i like to think of myself as Robin Hood
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Also, with challenges like Nomads (you can never build a city), OCC (only one city), and conquer-world-before-3950 BC out there, this seems a bit easy...

Besides, why not just use Sun Tzu's and knights to slaughter everything? We don't need no ----------- irrigations!

-KhanMan, the Mountaineering Sayen semi-Beaver
          Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
          -KhanMan

Comment

Working...
          X