Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

I have two questions-
    1. I downloaded one of the OCCs, and my computer says the download was successful, but how do I play it? Is it a scenario, or what?
    2. What does LoL mean?

you'll have to de-compress it first then:

some are scenarios and some are saved games.

saved games go into civ2 files and select load saved game.

scenarios go into the scenarios folder and select begin scenario

laughing out loud

[This message has been edited by Smash (edited May 17, 2000).]
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Just to expand on what Smash said, the file you downloaded will be a .zip file, so you need winzip or some other compression tool!! you can download a shareware version of winzip7 from www.winzip.com .

And i think it depends on which version of civ you have as to where you need the scenario files. I've got version 2.42 and my scenario files got straight in the civ2 folder.
      "There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
      ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

Comment

Thanks for the help, but I had a problem I have never seen before. Simcity 2000 thought the scenarios belonged to it!! Since SimCity2000 has .scn files too, it made a bad assumption that occ was its. It took me a while, but now i figured it out, and I wanna get back to fortnight 9.

Comment

that sim city thing happened to War4ever.I don't think he ever figured it out.
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

your correct smash i did not , but thats not saying much, i may know civ but i don't know my computer Silverdragon, any help would be great so i can do those OCC games too... i did the first one but none of the otheres
            [This message has been edited by War4ever (edited May 23, 2000).]
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

War - unless I am missing something the following should work -
              get the .scn and associated .txt file into a suitable directory (folder) start Civ2 select 'Start Scenario' from the first menu brouse the directory structure until you find the appropriate file select whatever.scn and click on 'OK'

Good civin'

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 05-23-2000 06:16 AM
                War - unless I am missing something the following should work -
                get the .scn and associated .txt file into a suitable directory (folder) start Civ2 select 'Start Scenario' from the first menu brouse the directory structure until you find the appropriate file select whatever.scn and click on 'OK'

Good civin'

Thats exactly what I did. Try it.

Comment

wahooo... this is what i love about apolyton.... alll those people helping us no minds over here in canada... sorry to my fellow canadians who know what they are doing ......BTW it works and i am playing now thanks again to Scouse Gits and to Silver Dragon who let me know it worked
                  Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                  X