No announcement yet.

Barbarians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm my post does look like that. Well their tactics aren't any better. They still move randomly. Sometimes when they land from a ship and don't actually attack the same turn. I'll move a defensive unit from a city 3 squares away to shore up the threatened city. Yet they can also take the completely undefended city, but don't. They attack the closer city.

It's just the unexpected attacks that make them better.

Comment

Hmmm...tonight in an OCC game a caravel dumped off 3 legions and a leader.I bribed 2 of the legions just before another barb caravel of 3 crusaders and a leader unloaded 2 of the crusaders and the leader onto the other leader.The remaining legion withdrew to a mountain in front of their stack out of range of my new legions.

Next turn the caravel sailed on,unloaded the last crusader in my radius and killed my non settler.They flanked me!!The legion and 1 crusader moved 1 space while the other crusader fortified with the 2 leaders.They were lined up 3 in vertical row on 1.hill 2.grass 3.mountain

next turn the legion and crusader seiged my gold square causing disorder.No response time in SP.

Now, a rushed diplomat eventually put an end to this raid but it was a nice try!It almost seemed like they had a plan!
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Smash they do almost sound intelligent on your cd

A smidge off topic but this has to do with barbs so bear with me here if i sound stupid

i had a size two coastal city destroyed by barbs which also had a trireme in it which wasn't destroyed but left on the land square for me to move the next turn ......

A) is this normal? The trieme was from the same city ?

B) has anyone else experienced this or are we all so wired on civ that it makes us hallucinate ?

Comment

I've seen that happen before when the ship DIDN'T belong to the city destroyed.

If it was indeed attached to the city that got destroyed, it should have disappeared.
          But as we know... BUG BUG BUG BUG...
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

One thing I usually do in early stages of the game, is to bribe the barbarian transport once the barbarians have landed, you can then get the diplomat in the ship along with other military unit and if possible a settler/engineer and go settle or conquer somewhere else; this is a good use for those problems they give you.

Comment

The barbs have transports in your early game

Comment

That depends on what you consider early stages of the game; for me, everything is early until gunpowder!

Comment

I believe transport=ship,because i never saw real barbarian transport,no matter what stage of game i playing.
                  My life, my rules

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SmartFart on 05-12-2000 02:28 PM
                    I believe transport=ship

The man has said it all!

"Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
                    X