Wither Aqueducts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then why is there a "sell" option?
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

what do you mean why? so you can raise gold if needed or lower maintance cost.

the problem is there is no check for this as there is if you sell the temple. opps, disorder! They should have checked if pop>8 or pop>12 and you sell the item than the population starts to suffer. they could have put in some simple code here that would have added some cool detail to the game.

Comment

The downside to that is that a Spy sabotaging an Aqueduct could severely reduce the population - almost as good as a nuke but cheaper and no pollution.

Comment

I would imagine it would work somewhat like famine - 1 population unit lost per turn of not having an aqueduct/sewer system. This way, ou would have time to rebuild.

Comment

For me, selling aqueducts and sewers is one of those things that feels like a cheat. Sure, the game only forces you to have them so your cities can grow; but logically, if you blew up your city infrastructure, your citizens would be dropping like flies before long.

Comment

I think Tom's would be a good idea. Actually that's what one would expect if, suddenly a city were to be deprived of its sewer system. People would get sick or actually leave the city to find normal living conditions. Of course in a modern metropolis an aqueduct is more like a monument to the past than an actual city improvement, but modern cities have a water suply system, exactly what an aqueduct meant to be when it has created. Since there is no upgrade option, one may believe that, throughout the times (turns) the aqueduct would be upgrading to a modern water suply system. So it is much the same thing.
              [This message has been edited by Ecowiz (edited May 11, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
              X