Historic date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historic date

Just finished what was probably the most challenging and satisfying SP Civ2 game I have ever played, (and I have been playing since the day it came out, in was it 1995 ?)

I also reached my highest score, 249% @ Deity, but I am deeply grateful to you guys at Apolyton for all that I have learned here.

Amusingly, as the conquests were scrolling up at the end of the game, I noticed that I, (the Irish) had vanquished the English in 1916 ! (For those who may not know, 1916 is to the Irish as 1776 is to the Americans !)

Perhaps this could be a new challenge: attempt to destroy civilizations in an appropriate (or wildly inappropriate) year.

Examples: as the British, destroy the Americans in 1776. As the Goths, destroy the Romans in... er... hmm... sometime in early A.D. :-) Darn my shoddy public school education. You get the idea.

Or, try to destroy all rival civs in 2019. I have tried this many times, but someone always ends up getting wiped out early in the game, or by barbarians, before I can seize control of the planet.

------------------
    JERandall
    JERandall

Comment

The Gothics defeated the Romans in 410 AD

One could also try to destroy the French with the Germans in 1871 Ad, but one would have to choose a non-blue civ not to block the appearance of the French

Comment

Working...
      X