No announcement yet.

Rival Empires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When playing against the AI, I will always play the Romans (I might customize them) for only one reason. I want first crack at exposed barbarian kings

In MP, I like to play whatever civ lets me go second. I hate going first in MP, because it doesn't give you time to force build needed units in case barbarians appear at your gate.

Against the AI, I feel sorry for no civ...
    The same is true in MP

Against the AI, no civ is really a good opponent...
    In MP, there are many fine opponents

My style of play is dictated by the openning postion, and changes that occur during the game... anybody that uses the same strategy in MP will lose when the situation doesn't support their strategy
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Andromeda on 02-21-2000 12:00 PM

Just ended (and won) a very interesting SP game at Deity level. Built no Wonders at all. No Temples even ! In fact, except for barracks & city walls in 1 or 2 cities, absolutely no city improvements anywhere.

I'm not surprised you won once you were able to get Fundamentalism; Fundamentalism is ridiculously powerful. I am surprised you were able to develop Fund without building Temples. In my no-wonder games I can't seem to have all three of shields (for the war), trade (for techs), and food (to support the Elvises). Trade normally suffers... How much of a change did you make in the Tech progression?

Comment

CrispyCritter, I reduced the Tech. Paradigm to 2, from the default 10. I felt that too many games were not making it into the modern era. I have been playing for several years at this TP level, and feel the balance is just right for my style of play.
        Even at this level it's not unusual for games to end before Flight has been discovered, for example. For me, a game is effectively over once all powerful rivals have been eliminated - there's no fun in squashing the remaining weaklings.

Comment

Andro: Could you explain exactly what effect this has on game play? Reducing the TP to 2 speeds up researching advances 5x. Why do you do this?

Comment

I usually play as the Vikings or the Indians.
            I have noticed that the Vikings seem to be a lucky civ for me

As far as an A/I formidable opponent, I find the Zulus to be more aggressive.

The A/I civ I always fell sorry for is as Black Bart said, they yellow civs (and i hate the color yellow

I prescribe to the survivalist philosophy

Apolyton Empress
            "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

Steve Clark: I speeded up the tech. advances for my SP games because, as I have said earlier in this thread, I was finding that too many games were ending before the modern era, and I was not getting enough experience and enjoyment from the use of modern navies and air forces. Everyone's style of play is different, and this mod. might not suit others, but I prefer modern-era warfare anyway, and I am very satisfied with my present level of customisation.

Comment

Working...
              X