Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you live without leonardo's workshop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first multiplayer victory happened when my opponent built Marco Polo, Great Library and Great Wall very early in the game, and all in his capital. I was toolin around in a trireme and noticed that his island was 3 ocean squares away from mine, so I built 2 more boats and sneakily landed 5 crusaders on his shore, and by the end of the next turn I owned his capital and all his wonders. He retired...

Comment

I agree that flexibility is important, otherwise you end up playing a game with a strategy that is wrong for your current circumstances. However, great flexibility is offered by Leonardo's Workshop. With 25 cities you have to mess about upgrading units in most of them - when you could be building all those caravans - the most flexible unit of the game!
      --------
      Scouse Git (2)
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Xin Yu started a thread similar to this subject, "How to make the most of wonders?" (or something), but I don't have the, erh..., "time" ( ) to look for it now.

But I sure would like to know how others think about this. Building wonders to prevent others from getting them is especially effective if you know what kind of player you're up against. A sleezer without HG loses the momentum and if you (not likely) or someone else (more likely) can get Mike's too, it's all of a sudden Finite City Sleeze...

But then again the sleezer got other wonders, probably changing his strategy accordingly...

Carolus

Comment

There are wonders of strategy, and wonders of crutch, and Leo is a crutch. Sun Tzu is a wonder of strategy.
          "One is never too old to die young." Sgt. Sheets
          FREE YYYH and Stewart Spink
          We shall never forget!!

Comment

What does "crutch" mean?

Carolus

Comment

double post, i tell you
              [This message has been edited by Graag (edited February 10, 2000).]
              I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
              Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

It's a misrepresented crotch.

Graag

------------------
                You should never smoke in pyjamas, you could start a fire and burn your face
                I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
                Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

lol @ graag..... isnt' that the name of one of your cities
                  Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Hehe, I must remember that.

Graag

------------------
                    You should never smoke in pyjamas, you could start a fire and burn your face
                    Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Hm, why do I get this feeling that people are mocking me?

OK, here's more Carolus Rex to the slaughter. What does "crotch" (and still, "crutch") mean?

Me not habla ingles very good...

Carolus

Comment

Hmm... could "crutch" be meant as a wonder which helps keep you up, but is not necesary? Like, it keeps you going and helps you go, but you would do it on your own eventually (basing this on crutches that a person would use to walk with, if the had a broken leg or something). I dunno maybe i am just a dumbass and am completely wrong!

------------------
                        SandMonkey

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a qtip"
                        -Homer Simpson

"Ecky eck ecky!"
                        "It's just a flesh wound!"
                        - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Comment

exactly Sandmonkey.... you got it right.... as for Graag and i , we were having a private joke... so Caroulus.... quit being so paranoid seriously though.... mikes is a crutch on deity because it doesn't force you to deal wity happy infrastructure.... which one needs to learn how to do as you will never always get MIKES or BACHS or THH GARDENS

------------------
                          Destroy or be Destroyed.
                          Conquer or be Conquered.
                          Strategy overcomes any odds.
                          Hit first,fast,hit last.
                          I am not a warmonger, i am just aggressively forcefull.

icq 30200920

Comment

Paranoid? Me? No way!

It's just that I can't shake those hordes that keep following me...

Carolus

Comment

lol .... i swear they are not my mongol hordes... we don't follow anyone.... in fact my hordes rarely follow me lol

Comment

Working...
                              X