• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• number of cities

I am just wondering how many cities you have around 1 AD in an average game

thanks for your replies

Ender

In my past 20 games, on average I've had 1 city at 1 AD.
    AH has shrink shop open, and if you want advice from an Aussie who thinks he's a horse that likes having a gay Greek general riding his backside then that's still available. - Lancer

Comment

Ok let me rephrase my question. What is the average number of cities you have at 1 AD when youre not playing OCC?

Comment

If I'm playing large map I'll have around 30 cites at 1AD. I use to never stop building cites in a game. But after playing OCC I found that I can win with 40 cites, where I use to have around 150 at the end of a game.

Comment

I, like a few others, take a diffent approach - no more than 12 cities by 1AD on normal and large maps. Of course, that number goes up considerably when I start to conquer all of the other civs.

Comment

I Tend to have about 10- 15 cities and certainly have had twelve before around 1AD, after which as Steve Clark said it goes up significantly..... and i swear on my "honor" that it's not my fault

I really am a NICE guy

------------------
            Come Get me.... the Hordes are waiting

icq 30200920

Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Sometimes I just pick off the small civs because they dont add that many cities for me to stare at clicking "granary completed in Inmarquanstein" or something; I lose track of them and don't know what the heck they're babbling about--

long sentence

Comment

Usually when playing a regular game, I go perfectionist, so I only have around 15 cities in 1 AD. But sometimes, I might have more. Depending on how many broken Alliances my :::cough::: now dead allies have made.

Evan
                Nope, I really haven't beaten Civ
                ::: Ducks the saws flying at him:::
                I accidently made a mistake while typing... that 'd' key is really really close to the 'f' key :::sigh:::
                [This message has been edited by DeathEvan (edited January 26, 2000).]
                Otaku extrodinaire, and friend to the opressed kawaii.
                DeathEvan

Comment

15-20 non-overlapping for the most part. By 1 AD I should be in Republic and have a happy wonder. If I am still in Monarchy for some reason, I will limit cities to 10.

(DeathEvan - read enough of the old threads around here and you will be kicking AI butt in no time)
                  Be the bid!

Comment

I usually have about 10 to 15 cities.

------------------
                    If you can not think of a good reason to build something other than a caravan, build a caravan!
                    If you can not think of a good reason to build something other than a caravan, build a caravan!

Comment

well, i'm a super-perfectionist so i usually don't have more than 6/7 cities then...but when i've finally got communism, i build a new city every 3 turns or so until i have got democracy, then everything slows down a bit,and when i have nearly all the techs i go building cities again.(btw:this a reeeelly bad strategy!i've only been able to crush every AI civ twice or so,..in deity, that is, i HAVE to go for AC!)
                      actually my problem is unrest, it keeps buggin' me no matter what hints and tips etc.. i get here at the strategy forum!!maybe that's why i never have scores better than 80%( not in the scenarios of course!!!)

------------------
                      ThermiteB(that's me!) RLZ like HELL!!!!!!!!!!
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

As an expansionist in SP: 75 to 100 cities around 1 AD.
                        Arguing on the internet is like running in the 'special olympics.'
                        Even if you win you're still a ******.

Comment

I consider my self expansionist too, however, less then 75, even on large maps. I am superstitious about overlapping.

Comment

KnT - I am an expansionist, too, and I've never had anywhere close to 75 cities by AD1. Can you share your secret?

Comment

Working...
                            X