No announcement yet.

Misc. OCC Logs:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could have sworn that I replied to this in a different thread!

*Special situation* If you are short of caravans, have enough cash, and are producing less than 80 shields: you can buy a temple from scratch for 160, switch to structurals at -50% -> 20 shields, and get it built with 60 production. This will save your disbands for when you really need them.

(BTW - I just recalled that you can deliver caravans into a space ship at 50 shields vs disbanding at 25. I don't think I have ever remembered to do that.)
    Be the bid!

Comment

Hey Sten,

You did see it twice. And I replied to your reply and you can pull the same disappearing act on me...

I meant to stay within this thread with these cumbersome logs. So I edited the other message with a 'sorry' and reposted here.

Hey are you going to submit the next Fortnight position? I'm sold on edited maps. That worked out good. A scenario can be made with a lot of creativity. I rarely play positions where my city is so isolated. Besides, it gives us a small chance to compete with Mr Big I like that he brought his caravan in the wrong direction in the tundra and still beat most of us handily. In fortnight one, I thought a trireme was better than camel through the tundra, but there are safe huts up there to be tipped (Barbs have a way of just disappearing.)

Au
      Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

"> > Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who
      >doesn't get it."--don't know.

Comment

It was fun to build the map, and I would be more than happy to do it again. I'll post on the other tread for reviews and critiques. Perhaps, I'll end up a better scenario builder than OCCer!

(I still am laughing at getting blown-up in my own game!)
        Be the bid!

Comment

You shall never build a "fair" map that is better than an OCCer. Unless of course you give them no exit from the top of the map. mwhahahahaha... Although I am pretty sure Paul could beat it.
          ___
          CtG
          I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

CtG - the Novy tournament game was just like that, you had to build on the pole then get maps and migrate. It was tough!
            Be the bid!

Comment

Working...
            X