No announcement yet.

Why not build forts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I can understand what your saying but still...

You have to pre-work the unit. After you build the fort you can't do it again (unless you invest the time into pre-working the unit again). And yes, I can see a military cb group preparing for battle and because they are prepared they work faster. It's all part of getting ready for war, there's nothing magic about that. If the advantage stayed with the unit than yeah, thats a cheat. A well prepared army is one that includes a couple of pre-worked settlers/engineers.

Armies are always at top levels of readies as they go in battle - which this kinda simulates.

Against the AI there are many things in CIV that are part of the game that are not fair. Aircraft carriers for one? I've never even seen an AI carrier.

Comment

I never build forts......around my cities. However at strategic choke points they are a necessity. As for preworking your settlers/engineers i would rather think of it as getting prepared to start the project, then when ready to actually begin either doing it at that location or moving to the most suitable location.

------------------
      The Mad Mad Ruler of the World
      The Mad Mad Ruler of the World

Comment

Forts are good, especially when used with bombers

___
        CtG
        I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

One thing to consider with building defensive forts is if you lose them. Sure, by this stage you might already be lost; but given the right positions all the offensive tactics we've just heard for forts can be used right back at you, hastening the defeat. Doesn't always apply, but it's still worth a thought

------------------
          May you live in Interesting Times...

May you live in Interesting Times...

Comment

Working...
          X