Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you go to Republic immediately -- or ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was infinite city sleeze. i could be wrong though, i usually am.

------------------
    SandMonkey

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a qtip"
    -Homer Simpson

Comment

I don't play as much as I used to. The new game is too long. Eats half a day. I miss the old game when you could conquer the whole world by 800 BC and the whole game didn't take more than 90 minutes. On a good day a guy could squeeze in 5 or 6 games. Now, with Civ 2, you have to use accelerated starts just to get in 3.

In any case, 2000 is probably a bit much. It's probably more like 1600 or so. But I don't keep track so who really knows.

I do know, though, that I've played at least 100 MP games against Nephi -- and if he keeps practicing I think he might even win one.
      Personal home page
      Business home page
      About.com site

Comment

One more thing. Nephi a perfectionist?

He doesn't ICS, but I've never seen him stop expanding in an MP game.

Starting a game next to Nephi is like starting a game in the middle of a war you have been losing for 2000 years.
        Personal home page
        Business home page
        About.com site

Comment

ICS is "Infinite City Sleaze". And as I understand it, it is more than expansionism. You build your first city. Build a settler. Move at MOST two squares, and build your next city. Lots of overlap of cities, lots of cities, no unmanageable growth and a core that's virtually impossible to attack due to the ZsOC (zones of control) of the outlying cities.

Sounds intriguing but I'm still a bit left of that philosophy.

------------------
          Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.
          Frodo lives!

Comment

Working...
          X