Building harbors in cities with few ocean squares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building harbors in cities with few ocean squares

I believe that it is often useful to build a harbor in a city with only one or two ocean squares. I wonder if others would agree.

The typical situation (in midgame) is a city that has stagnated or has extremely slow growth. Perhaps you have maximized production, or there was just no conventient way to expand the city. The one or two extra food that the harbor provides can be just what you need to get it growing again.

If production was good, it won't take long to build the harbor, and the maintenance cost is only 1.

- toby

------------------
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com

Tobyr.... i too wwould build but only if two squares of water are available other wise i use the city for production purposes only unless of course i posses Adam Smith then ..... its paid for anyways

------------------
    They call me Mr. Fierce

Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Good question, I have to admit that I always do. This begs the next question, do you do the same with an Offshore Platform?

Comment

I like the har harbor I always build it. I usually am to busy building cravans to build the platform.

------------------
        Ah man! Ghandi! New game.

-Genghis Al
        Don't invade Russia in the winter time.

Comment

Miner..... it is too costly with only one or two ocean squuares unless building it will make my city over a certain level in production.... then i might.... its 4gold i think and that could be spent somewhere else

------------------
          They call me Mr. Fierce

Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I am an irrational perfectionist so I always build the Offshore Platform (just as well I don't play MP!)
            [This message has been edited by Miner (edited January 03, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
            X