No announcement yet.

New official OCC record: 1803

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caesar, I suggest that you read some of the old threads about getting tribute. Also, there seems to be a difference in AI agressiveness between v2.42 and the MP version. This may also influence tribute/gifts.

About the 1565 game, I didn't keep a log for it, but I did make a short list of important events in the game:

2850 BC Gov: Monarchy
    2300 BC Colossus
    ?800 BC Gov: Republic
    550 BC Copernicus
    375 BC Shakespeare
    ? Democracy
    1 AD Newton
    360 AD Refrigeration
    580 AD Darwin, Automobile
    880 AD Computers
    1100 AD Space Flight
    1550 AD Launch
    1565 AD Alpha Centauri

I got Monarchy early because I got Laws from a hut, traded Burial with the Aztecs and had Alphabet as one of the starting techs. Getting such a good result does require some luck with the huts. I never build HG in OCC because I never have the time for it. With Colossus, market, temple and colosseum you can celebrate to 12 without it.

Comment

I finally managed to break 1900 (1880) with 3 whales and wino.
      What are you building 1st,university or Shakes?
      Do you disbanding your caravans to build SS structurals or you have it in one turn?
      My life, my rules

Comment

Hey smartfart,

These guys are always stressing 80+ shields. If you don't have that shield production, it's time to terraform.

Congrats on the breaking 1900. I could only do this after a third try in the four whale comparison game.

What was your breakthrough strategy? Is that a comparison game--three whales and wino?

Thanks, Aurelius
        Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep? [--Inspiration of Blade Runner]

"> > Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who
        >doesn't get it."--don't know.

Comment

What do you mean by 'comparision'?
          If you mean about keeping a log about it,i didn't.
          I remember i had col 1950 and cop 350bc,mon 3050.
          I cannot figure out how Paul managed to get wonders so early but i think i got it now.
          Give away techs probably result with alot of gifts. Am gonna try that in my next game.
          My life, my rules

Comment

Hi Smartypants,

There are some comparison games available on Paul's OCC guide. It's just a game that is available for anyone to try and sort of compete against one another. Finding three whales and wine is a sweet situation--maybe you should submit the game for others to play. Oh, I tried to keep a log in one of my four whales games, but it is incomplete.

Maybe I'll do the tech giveaway too--though I seem to have no choice in most of my OCC games.

Aurelius --the generous.

Comment

Should i be building wonders right after colossus.... seems to me i try to build caravans and improvements befoe copernicus and shakes?????? i cant' break the 1900 barrier.....

------------------
              They call me Mr. Fierce

Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

1565... I'm speachless. I've gotten OCC in 1890. I'll try it on 2.42 to see if I can get some more cash . My 1890 was with 1 special, I wonder what I could do with 4... oh the possibilities . I'm working on a decent game right now, 1 fish, 2 Silks and 1 buffalo. I want to see if increased production can help the OCC times.

Is primarly land or water better. I would generally prefer land because of the roads and the republic/demo increases in trade. But will water work better it has more trade but less production (until miniturization). I would like to know which is better. Thanks.

One last thing, after meeting a tribe they have good relations for a turn, then they go uncooperative. Which is better to ask for a gift or to share maps. I need the gift to get ahead in techs but I need maps to get trade routes for more trade. Which is better?

I hate this new system of cheiftans and warlords primarly because after changing my e-mail the number of all my old posts was deleted, I don't know why. Anyone else with me? I think Junior Civer, Civer and Senior Citizen, I mean Civer
                I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

AC 1901, Damn! I know I can cut off 2 years on this game. I founded the city in 2800 BC and wasn't a monarchy until after 1400 BC. Allies and huts and tribute must attend such a late founding date.

Anyone want to share some good comparison games. I had Iron and Wine in the position and alot of sea with good strategic mountains.

Hey, what determines if one can build hydra plants. I was surprised in this game as I didn't have a river but was able to build HP improvement.

Aurelius the Environmentalist.

Comment

Smartfart, I build Shakespeare and sewer first, then university. As Aurelius said, you need 80+ shields for your structurals. If you are going to land in the early 1800s or better you won't have time to build enough caravans for all your structurals.

War4ever, after Colossus I build library, marketplace, caravans, temple, aqueduct and colosseum (harbor if necessary) before going on with Copernicus and Shakespeare.

Caesar, the best is probably a mix of land and some water. And if the other civs go to uncooperative the next turn you probably use MGE? I heard that the AI is more hostile in that. In 2.42 I never have this problem, so maybe an other MGE player can give better advice on that.

Comment

Hey Paul,
                      Just broke 1900 with a 2 whales and a silk. Also a river nearby. You might want to try and break the 1800 barrier with the comparison game. I'll send you the position.

Aurelius --AC1877!

Comment

That's it, I need to get me some of this action! My next game will be OCC.

------------------
                        Ah man! Ghandi! New game.

-Genghis Al
                        Don't invade Russia in the winter time.

Comment

Aurelius i just downloaded your game and am going totry it out i will post my time

------------------
                          They call me Mr. Fierce

Comment

I got a great start in OCC. 1 Whale 2 Wine 1 Silk. and a 3 river squars and 4 hills (2 wine) a lot of ocean. AndI am right in the spot to get a city in 4000 b.c.!!! I only have 1 settler though

Is this a good spot?

------------------
                            Ah man! Ghandi! New game.

-Genghis Al
                            Don't invade Russia in the winter time.

Comment

great start lousy one settler..... hmmmmmmm

------------------
                              They call me Mr. Fierce

Comment

Aurelius : no i haven't that position saved.
                                Had no idea about comparision games til now.

Al : if you have only one settler then you probably not playing on deity level.

Btw Aurelius...i have one game 3850 bc,alpha,cer bur,mas...spice,whale,silk,wheat(future silk) and i placed my city then saved. Still haven't try that one yet and if you want it i'll mail it to you.
                                My life, my rules

Comment

Working...
                                X