Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper use of We__the __Day?

Hi everyone.
    This is my first post here. I've played CivII for a year and a half now, and this site ahas helped me in so many ways. There are concepts you guy s talk about that I never thought of. I hope to be a regular contributor to this place...OK anyway

I've seen on here about how you can use the "We__the__Day" to boost the population (or science, or something) of the city it occurs in. Is this true? How does one do this?

I look forward to gettin' some more posts and replies up on this. Thanks.

Some more info about WLT_D: the growth effect in dem and rep requires a food surplus. To get past 8 and 12 you must also have aqueducts and sewer system.

A city will celebrate if at least half its population is happy and there are no unhappy citizens in the city.

Comment

Cities that love you produce 1 extra trade arrow in squares that are already producing.
      It's good to get your science or taxes boosted.
      In Democracy, if there is any surplus food, it also creates an extra citizen per turn.

Comment

The effect of "We Love The __ Day" depends upon the type of government you are currently in. For Republic and Democracy, the effect is, indeed, an increase in population. This occurs every turn as long as there remains sufficient food. And remember that this effect is generated in the celebrating city only, not your entire civilization. When celebrating "We Love The __ Day" in other types of governments, the effect is that your current government is sort of "upgraded" in that city, thus increasing the amount of trade and/or shields depending upon what government you started from.

As for achieving "We Love The __ Day", at least half of the citizens of your city must be happy (not just content). This generally requires a significant increase to your luxury rate (about 40% depending upon city improvements).

Does that help?

Comment

If you're going the expansionist route (ICS), you might want to wait until democracy to try the "we luv" thing. No lost luxuries from corruption, and courthouses add +1 happy person. Sometimes enough to boost your city up to the 50% happy mark.

Aim for temples, marketplaces, and courthouses in a city you want to grow. Carvans routes are a big help, as are ocean squares.

And if you press f4 to get the city report, you can quickly tell which cities will celebrate because they will be a slightly brighter white than ones not celebrating. Helpful to target cities needing a boost.

BTW:
          Anarchy gets no bonus from WLT? days.

Monarchy, Communism, Fundamentalism act as if they're democratic or republic (+1 trade per square). I'm not sure which because I generally only do this in my capital, but I do know that commie/fundy cities with LOTS of trade (83 or more) suffer tiny amounts of corruption.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

My dear stupid other body, in democracy/republic, you don't get the extra trade bonus with WLT*D you just get one from switching.

oh Theben, i think you start having corruption in communism from 120 trade onwards

------------------
            Hodad's First Body
            Alien Infiltrate
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
            X