No announcement yet.

Civ starting locations on a random map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ starting locations on a random map?

Do specific civs always start near predetermined coordinates or in a predetermined sector of a random map?

Do the Romans always start near the center of the map, or the center left? Anyone that has played one of the purple civs has probably noticed a propensity to get stuck in Antarctica, is this because it is the last civ placed or is the program trying to place it near the fringes of the map? Anybody looked into this?
    Be the bid!

The words 'random' and 'pre-programmed' should cancel each other out...hmmmm...
    Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
    Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
    Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
    und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
    Only when it's smooth you will see
    How much fairy-tale is left for you
    And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

I play on large maps often as the Russians, a white civilization like the Romans. As far as I can tell their is no preference for any given latitude.

Your comment that the purple civilization gets stuck in the Arctic because the computer can not finad another place sounds plausible. When I have played a 7 civilization game on a 1000 square map I have rarely, if ever, actually had 7 civilizations.

------------------
      If you can not think of a good reason to build something other than a caravan, build a caravan!
      If you can not think of a good reason to build something other than a caravan, build a caravan!

Comment

Thank you jpk!!!
        I thought I was going mad - it seemed inconceivable that I had not chosen 7 civilisations, but MP only showed 5 (more) and there had not been a "xxx civilization destroyed by the yyys" message. I guess that I have not played small map very often.
        Thanks again.

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor

"Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I know as saaayy Celtics, there is no preset location. I've been near middle, and on Arctic Circle. I think if you land on Arctic twice you get paranoid and think it's that way more than it is.
          Just an opinion. Here in USA I do have the right.

------------------
          "What's good fer me ain't necessarily good fer the weak-minded."

Comment

Working...
          X