Unhappiness on Deity ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unhappiness on Deity ???

In most of my games 6th or 7th city starts immediatelly with unhappy person in it.
    Yestreday i had 9 cities. My capital,2nd and 3rd city was size 3,had a temple and one warrior inside. 3 cities was size 2 with one warrior in each and 3 cities was size 1 with no units or city improvement. There was no disorder in any of my cities.
    I already know that distance between city and capital have influence in unhappiness,but some of my cities wasn't very close to my capital. I had only 3-4 overlapping squares.
    10th city produced 3 disorders. One in city size 2 and two in cities size 1. 10th city was farthest from capital,but when i build it,there was content citizen in it.
    I tried to create similar situation in cheat mode,but when i build 7th city,i had disorders in 2 towns.
    Anyone here figured out why unhappiness variate so much?

My life, my rules

SmartFart,

This must be the question of the week - I answered a similar question on another thread. To amplify on what arii said:

There is a "magic number" for each type of government. After you exceed 1x that number of cities, you will start having cities whose first citizen is unhappy. After you exceed 2x that number of cities, you will start having cities whose first citizen is very unhappy (which cities, and how many, appears to be semi-random). The magic numbers at Deity level are:

Despotism/Anarchy: 4
    Monarchy: 6
    Communism/Fundamentalism: infinity
    Republic: 8?
    Democracy: 10?

I'm not sure of the last two, since I rarely play them.

Comment

well..I have to disagree with those numbers except for Despo.It seems there are other factors involved.I've gone as high as 16 cities under Monarchy before seeing a size 1 unhappy.Other times it is the 6th or 7th city that does it.There never was a pattern.I think such factors as distance and corruption are involved.The search for an exact formula continues for me.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

In the first part of rules.txt it said that under democracy first unhappy occurred when the 13th city established. Other governments the number should be lower. However the unhappy citizen could be anywhere, not necessarily in the 13th city.

Comment

Smash,

Did you look at the happiness display for all of your 16 cities? It's possible to have very unhappy citizens without any cities rioting. In fact, a city with two or more cups becomes *happier* when you change the first citizen from red to black.

All my numbers are based on small cities with a couple martial law units. It may be that having bigger cities with some improvements changes the formula somehow (although I doubt it).

Comment

Yeah...it seems like i forgot to write that i was still under Despotism.
            Thats why am so confused about all of it.

sf
            My life, my rules

Comment

First it depends on the governement. In anarchy the 5th city will cause extra unhappy citizens due to the civilization size. Better gouvernements will allow you a larger # of city without that penalty.
              Second the extra unhappy citizen is randomly assigned to a city. You can check witch city got it in the city screen under happy.

Comment

You can build 4 or 5 cities under despotism. After that, I use settlers to mine and road until I get monarchy or hanging gardens. With monarchy, about a dozen seems to be the limit without happiness wonders.

Comment

Working...
                X