X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We make City in desert if there!

Desert or plains?
    answer!

plains. 1 more food. can live put worker on gold. desert put worker on gold or oil = no more city.

Comment

Desert is just that.Desert.I can't think of any good reason to build on a desert square.A few in the radius won't kill you but building on one will.Perhaps a military reason but I would build a fort first.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

If you have some reason to build a city in a desert region, try to build the city on top of an oasis. Otherwise irrigate a square prior to building the city. Either way will give you some necessary food.
        If you can not think of a good reason to build something other than a caravan, build a caravan!

Comment

Go ahead and build on the desert. Think of the city as Los Angeles.

Comment

I have built a city on desert to take adavantage of that 4 special sweet spot. However I use the trick by getting a settler to mine the square and build the city on top. Desert is best mined & roaded, not irrigated, which is what automatically happens when a city is built.

Comment

I think it was Sieve Too who suggested, on a couple other threads, establishing small cities on iron mountains to field an army with no happiness penalty. An oil square in the desert works just as well. Irrigate an adjacent desert square, and you can support 7 units (with RR) from a size 1 city.

Comment

Building on a mine is good.

Comment

Working...
                X