Send Emissary, or send for Emissary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send Emissary, or send for Emissary?

Once you are in contact with another civilization, you can go through your Foreign Advisor and hit the "Send Emissary" button. However, doing that only brings an emissary to me, so I have to go through all the Peace treaty-cease-fire stuff before I can start asking for exchange of knowledge or maps or such.

Now, is that the wzay it works, or am I doing something wrong? (Such a thing has been known to happen before.)

JimW

"no complain!"

hint?:If you goal is AC you need play some say trusting than you wait dominate the world...

Comment

Jim, I know what you mean. Most times, when I seek out a possible ally AI civ, the intial response is a demand for 90% of my gold, and to refuse it means war! That is ridiculous. All I want to do is find a civ to work with.

AI civs that are behind me in tech act like they are superior, AI civs that are far weaker militarily act like I am cow dung; these bribe demands don't seem worth it in the long run, yet it never ends.

I've tried allying with civs close to me, I've tried allying with civs I've contacted, and I've tried allying with civs I've never met in any way (even using Marco Polo).

Sometimes I think they were all designed to act insane...

I think you have to have the Great Wall to get them to pay attention.
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

cavebear, its called the balance of power when your the strongest and threaten evryone else's independence they hate you. When your a medium power though everyones your friend. (They still dump on you when youre weak though) Overall I think this is better than a too passive Ai though I agree that civ's designers took it rather too far - it would have been nice to have some outer marker like if they have only 1/3 your power you have things change around and they creep up to you. I mean, it gets silly when what is essentially a stone age tribe threatens a space faring civ. Cant have everything thouhg
        Peter H.

Comment

not for humans.Usually for the ai.The ai usually makes peace if it wants to trade.

Having both the single player version and the gold version,I can say,without a shadow of doubt,that the ai in gold is FAR more hostile in gold.My experience has been it is almost impossible to maintain good relations with the ai for any period of time.Unless you don't talk to them.

However,my gold experience has also been that if you are supreme in real terms(vet knights not 100 warriors for instance)you can demand tribute at a pretty good success rate from nearby civs.At least in the early game (4000bc to 1 ad or so)
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
          X