My cities don't celebrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cities don't celebrate

I have only discovered (from this forum) that cities under democracy grow every turn if they celebrate WLT_D style. I tried this approach to growth and very simply my cities did not celebrate. Even cities size 1 with the sole citizen happy did not celebrate WLT_D. What's wrong here?
    Rome rules

Roman, I wrote almost the same topic as you did to the 'general/help'-section.. check it out! There you can find info what's the relationship between city size and the amount of luxuries the city can use for celebration (Thanks DaveV!)

And now to your question: The city celebrates if both of these two conditiones are fulfilled:

1) city size must be at least 3

2) at least half of it citizens must be happy and no one can be unhappy

So, in republic and democracy first turn these conditions are fullfilled there is the announcement that the city celebrates. Next turn it will grow up by one if there is at least one food surplus AND appropriate aqueducts/sewer systems to allow growing from 8/12 limits.

Hope this helps!
    [This message has been edited by Marko_Polo (edited February 17, 2001).]

Comment

This explains everything. Most of my cities were quite large already and had some unhappy people, so they could not celebrate for obvious reasons. My small cities (which were the ones I was checking to determine whether they celebrate or not) were size 1.

Thanks Marko_Polo
      Rome rules

Comment

And do not forget the WLT_D for other forms of governement.

Get a republic-like economy in monarchy with HG and 30%Lux, in cities which have: an even nbr of citizen, temple and marketPl. and some terrain with arrow bonus.
        NB: The luxury % given here is for deity level. Usually, this is hardly worth it in standard deity games - with real heavy micro-managment you can drop the lux level to 20%. It is sometimes the key for some scenarii.

Get a democratic-like economy in communism with:
        a) GenEng., 20% lux, MP, bank
        b) 20%Lux, MP, Bank and SupHighways.
        c) 20% lux, MP, bank, micro-managment.
        This one is really easy and worth it... for a few turns to get those vet spies... or for the rest of the game if you like.
        The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

You can skip much of the tedious micro-management if you have Three Good Trade Routes in most cities.

-----------

SG(2)
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

SG(2)
            But, with a strong trade route between Bordeaux and Liverpool, you never care micromanaging (right hand=mouse, left hand=glass).
            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Bordeaux is overpriced, better to set up trade routes from California or Australia - sure helps me to celebrate
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Lucky, my cities always celebrate. I HATE THOSE POP-UP WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
                Sulla-The last dictator of Rome before Caesar. He changed Rome and Rome sure as hell changed him.
                Sulla-The last dictator of Rome before Caesar. He changed Rome and Rome sure as hell changed him.

Comment

Working...
                X