Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Albert B on 02-09-2001 12:00 PM
    Paiktis, I think you have a trait common to most people, which is we tend to remember the past being better than it was.

I admit you must have unveiled the 50% of the reason of my point of view! The idea actually crossed my mind when I was writing it...!

Oh MY GOD, Am I becomming (how do you say it in english?) an OLD Whining FART?!

Comment

Paiktis, I think you have a trait common to most people, which is we tend to remember the past being better than it was. I can't give much of an argument as to whether the civ 1 or civ 2 manual is better but I can tell you that the civ 1 manual was far from flawless. I don't think I ever read the civ 1 manual, I learned to play by playing with a friend already slightly familiar with the game and then used a lot of trial and error. (This actually was a lot of fun as my friend or I would occasionally make 'grand discoveries', like finally finding out that there was a luxury rate as well as the normal tax/science , but I digress.) The point is that eventually I picked up a strategy guide and it pointed out a ton of mis-quoted facts, wrong information and various other deficiencies of the original manual. I don't have specifics right now because the guide is at home and I'm at work, but if you are interested in proof, I would be more than happy to look into it for you.

The real point of this: "the grass is always greener on the other side..." and to remember that the "golden years" weren't necessarily as golden as you may remember. Oh, and also, who needs the manual any more, there's far more knowledge right here on this web site than could ever be put in a single manual !!

Albert

Comment

There's a rivered hill square down by the Persian Gulf in the Rome scenario. Until recent games, I don't think I'd ever seen one anywhere else, but recently I've seen at least one in a completely randomly generated 2.42 game. They do occur naturally.

Comment

Working...
        X