Global warming process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global warming process

I was playing a game with high pollution levels and was interested in the terrain changes which global warming brings, so I made some notes. Does anybody have more info to verify these?

First round of global warming:
    Inland
    grassland - plains
    plains - desert
    forest - plains

Costal
    grassland - swamp
    plains - swamp
    forest - jungle
    desert - swamp

I imagine further rounds of global warming still only affect those kinds of terrain - I don't know though. I've never let pollution get that out of control in a proper game.

Edit: forgot to mention: these changes are independent of any terrain changes in the Rules.txt, ie for terraforming or irrigation.

------------------
    The Historical Civ2 Site
    http://members.nbci.com/HistCiv2/index.htm

"The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on" - anon

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Andrew Livings (edited November 18, 2000).]</font>
    "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

I tested this once. Hills and mountains never changed, but everything else eventually turned to swamp and jungle, even the inland deserts

Comment

Working...
    X