Hello and wonders and nukes, oh my!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and wonders and nukes, oh my!

Sup, peeps. da smokes got some crap ta lay on all ya, so jes chill, k?. first off, da smokes gonna tell y'all 'bout da wonders of the world ( or,as i call em, da big pimps) if ya wanna win, da smokes here ta tell ya, build da following big pimps: mikes chapel, smiths company, da observatory (coprenicus observatory for all ya who be tripping and toking) fig newtons college, and make damn sure somebody builds da smokes fav, da smokes most beloved, da MANHATTEN PROJECT. nukes ain't nessecary ta win, but, y'alls gots ta relize dat nukes is da BOMB, FO REAL. i cxause glabal warming about 3 billion times a game. i cheat, put everbody at war with everbody elese, and we all have nuthin but nukes. 100 nukes, 200 nukes, and no SDI Defense (Sucky Damn Idea Defense) yo, i'm bugging. Chill, 'cause da smokes will be back. see ya
    "our words are backed by nuclear weapons"
    "oh, yeah. well, our nukes are backed by 100%money back guarantee, so there."

I will always refer to it as "Fig Newtons College" Thank you for that, Smokey.

Yo, Yo, Yo back in the day when didnt have no SDI, and we irrigated up hill both ways!

I don't remember seeing any brothers in the those Wonder movies...
    [This message has been edited by Shogun Gunner (edited October 17, 2000).]
    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

wow, i never realized there was e-ebonics... very interesting....

Comment

LOL @SandMonkey. Nukes, the scourge of civ. Mind you, a couple would be historic

------------------
        Do you shovel snow in your birkenstocks?

Comment

That was a good one, SandMonkey.

This post brings back to mind the first and last all out nuclear war I waged against the AI. I've never seen so many little skulls in all my life.

Good luck, Smokey. And make sure you've got a big supply of weed in your shelter. Sounds like you'll be in there a looooong time.

------------------
          Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.
          Frodo lives!

Comment

Uhhh....I'm speechless....
            "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

One of the few things I miss about CivI (yes, the old DOS based CivI) was that I found there were times when I actually needed nukes. If the AI cities had mech. infantry for defense, you could pound and pound away with bombers and artillery and get nowhere. And if they had fortified mech. inf. in a mountainous bottleneck, nukes were the only answer. I never _liked_ using nukes because of the pollution effects (I'm a perfectionist at heart) but at least there was a reason for using 'em... a weighing of the pros and cons, if you will.

Notwithstanding the nuke-happy posts above... I find them a lot more trouble than they're worth in CivII.

(Except, of course, for using them on the stack of 20 destroyers, AEGIS, and battleships the AI has assembled, 2 squares from any land!

STYOM

(recalling with a sort of fond nostalgia, the time the sea level rose 6 times in a Civ I game)
              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Thank heavens for on-line dictionaries - I now know what ebonics means and can laugh with the rest of you!

(I still hate nukes)

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                "The Great Library must be built!"
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

there isn't e-ebonics, i'm jes inveted it. weed does ya wonders

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by kcbob on 10-17-2000 08:39 AM

Good luck, Smokey. And make sure you've got a big supply of weed in your shelter. Sounds like you'll be in there a looooong time.

Now THAT was funny, kcbob. I think I might have to join Smokey in his shelter.

Smokey you gotta enough to share? As one civ to another, I propose an alliance.

My words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS.
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

ain't no one gettin any of da smokes weed. and i have more nukes than everybody.

Comment

Hey Mr. Smokes, you might enjoy this. Edit the rules.txt file (make a backup first in case something gets screwed up) and replace the trade items. I put in hemp instead of salt and incense instead of dye.

Here's another idea - there's text in there for what gets said in the diplomacy screens, like "Give us whatever or face the consequences", you can replace that text with an ebonics translation.

I bet you never build police stations or courthouses, either.

Trying to get back on topic - my nukes horror story. The Russkies nuked my city while I'm still researching laser, they can't capture it, luckily. So I send some engineers to clean up the pollution. Couple turns later they nuke it again, and kill all those engineers.
                        yes

Comment

thanx fo da suggetstions, dionsaur. i might give you some of da smokes weed. be happy
                          [This message has been edited by Smokey tha nuke man (edited October 27, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                          X