I just got FW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got FW

I just picked this up, is it any good? Which scenario's should i play??

------------------
    SandMonkey

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a qtip"
    -Homer Simpson

"Ecky ecky ecky!"
    "It's just a flesh wound!"
    - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

I'm in the same boat - having fun with samurai and mongol - (losing both spectacularly) - I thought that I had mongol cracked until some s*d discovered theology and my Oracle went poof!
    p.s. I got CiC at the same time as FW so forgive me if either (both) of the above are CiC rather than FW

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I like Masters of Magic Jr.. I've got the scenerio figured out, but still love to play it because of the fantasy setting.
      "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

I had fun with the Dinasaurs scenario. It was pretty easy, but the units are great and all out dino wars are fun! Also Masters of Orion was really unique.

Some of the web scenarios available here at CSC are amazing. Michael Dauman's Great Game was a great game, Nemo's RedFront is a time swallowing masterpiece, Harlan Thompson's Lord of the Rings gets great reviews...
        Be the bid!

Comment

Both Midgard and World of Jules Verne are good scenarios that come with FW.

LOTR is fantasic although I've never actually won it - yet! Anytime I think I'm doing good, the Nazgul decide to blast all my unique units to bits. Note: the newest version is 4.1. This site has 4.0. In both versions, the readme.txt contains some erroneous data about unit stats. In general, ALL bad guys have at least 2 fp, not 1.

Comment

Lord of the Rings? I remember it was hot last year. There were so many versions so I don't know which one is the latest. My tactic was to move a unique fighter unit (don't remember name, can attack air, move point 15 for 3 turns) from north to south and kill the witch king twice, then use my fast-moving units (covered by bomber units) along with eagles to occupy the Mordor capital working squares all at once. Suddenly all those bad guys disappeared since the city couldn't support them. I lost several units from counter attack but I think it worths the effort.

Comment

A while back, someone posted that the Midgard scenario has problems of some sort that takes away from playability. Can anyone describe these problems without giving away the scenario ending (which I've heard contains a surprise). I've only played it a couple of times, both without finishing.
              "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

You should play Red front, 2194 days of war and ww79. The best you find right now!

You can find Red front and 2194 days of war at Alex' war gallery

Comment

Viktor, do you have a link to that site you were talking about?

------------------
                  SandMonkey

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a qtip"
                  -Homer Simpson

"Ecky ecky ecky!"
                  "It's just a flesh wound!"
                  - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Comment

Xin Yu: There are several versions of LOTR scenarios but fundamentally they fall into two categories: pre-FW and post-FW. Post-FW is supposed to be harder since Nazgul and the Witch King have two lives and you don't have a Diplomat unit to go around and bribe everything. Do you know which version you have? I'm guessing you have the FW version.

How do you get the Witch King to come out? I'd gladly kill him if only he'd appear somewhere around Gandalf (the unique air unit you mention) without killing Gandalf (who only has a defense of 1). Gandalf is technically a bomber since he can stay out multiple turns and only attack once per turn.

I'm not sure how occupying the squares around Barad Dur would help. Sauron is a fighter unit with multiple attacks and move rate of 5. He easily kills anything he attacks and can attack air units too. Also, all Orcs and Uruk Hai need no support under Fundamentalism and there are more of them than anything else.

Comment

Working...
                    X