No announcement yet.

Did you know this..I didn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like it when I get 2 or 3 hut units assigned to my size 1 city, killing its production. Disband one or two in the city towards a rushed settler to use for your 2nd city and save your NONE settler.

Comment

I usually try and keep that NON settler around as long as possible, it can come in handy sometimes.

I just thought of another use for this...

when you launch a spaceship and you're capitol gets taken the ship comes back. But what if you disband your capitol, thus meaning you have no capitol? Of course, the bi-products of this are crippling corruption/waste and low cost cities, but it's just a thought.

------------------
      SandMonkey

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a qtip"
      -Homer Simpson

"Ecky eck ecky!"
      "It's just a flesh wound!"
      - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Comment

Yup, you can destroy your capital and be immune from spaceship loss unless your entire civ is destroyed. It happens to the AI on occasion. Corruption and waste generally would not be a problem since you would undoubtably be in Fundy, Dem or Com, which don't suffer from corruption.

Comment

Once the spaceship is away, who cares about waste and corruption.

I played an mp game by myself and tried the build capital on gold and crank out a few settlers, it worked like a charm. But if you can't start a second city, it does minimize the advantage. But you can send them out away from your capital to stake claim to as much land as you can. Then fill in behind later. Have to get a little luck with the barbs though.

RAH
          Lord of the Ferrets
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, i was thinking that you would do it early in the game, but i guess if you do it at the end of the game... so long as you put nothing of value in the city (i.e. wonders and such).

------------------
            SandMonkey

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a qtip"
            -Homer Simpson

"Ecky eck ecky!"
            "It's just a flesh wound!"
            - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Comment

Working...
            X