One on one against Ming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One on one against Ming.

Ming and I just played. We went for about a hundred turns. No AI. I folded as he was ahead but not as much as I thought. He has 17 sciences and I had 15. Making war early in this game is a waste. A player at Mings level will always be able to defend. You need to be allied with another and go into war together. Thats the only way I'm thinking. Writting is THE science to have. First diplo unit, no need to explain this. Second the libary improvement. I had colossus and if I had gotten writting sooner my science would have been much better. Maybe I would have been in the lead, which is not easy against Ming. Even with 15 sciences right behind ming it still took EVERYTHING I had to keep this level. In this game you have no choice - you have to keep up in techs. Madrid was my capital. Looked like this....
    http://www.i2k.com/~density/city.jpg

The powerG was close but he had 13 cities to my 8 and 41 units to my 21. I dont know how you people expand so fast. Now he did have a good river system which helps so much I think. Instand roads, trade with food and maybe shields.

So... after this game I'd say Monarchy is a must 1st. Than writting. What about after that???

Monarchy and Writing are always big... but the rest really depends on your position.
    Map would have been good for you... The light house and vet ships could have made a big difference since you were locked in.

When your early forces appeared near my capital, you sure changed my strategy...
    I went for pikemen and mason... and then bought the great wall. I thought for sure you were going to ram vet Elephants down my throat.

But it was fun. The river system was nice, but it took me a long time to find it, and start my first city. And then the barbs cost me another city and a settler or two.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

MWHC - thanks for including the graphic links in some of your recent posts! Don't tell me both of you guys are off all week - I'll have to bring up the weather to fight back.
      Be the bid!

Comment

Monarchy 1, writing 2, after that, I agree with ming, it depends on your position. Are you land locked..MAP Is someone near and threatning..masonry or feud. A fast start.. philo and the happiness wonders. A slow start...feud or wheel. Have to be adaptable and ever changing so not to become predictable. Predicatablity loses.

And I think we can thank carnide and the other ics players for teaching us the wisdom and methods for quicker expansion. While we don't go total ics, we have learned something from it. But there are early attacks, which is why you will usually find us well defended. (but you notice that you forced his hand by attacking) The attack is not as important as the threat. But I must admit I always sweat when the armada appears next to one of my cities. (one of Matts favorites early on.)

I hope the game was quick,

RAH
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Still at work I see Rah... It was pretty quick. He will be back around 3:30 est, and we will look for some more players than.

I LOVE THIS WEEK... MWHC accused me of being a civ addict. I agreed

And SS... the visuals are good, I just wish he had posted the finishing map
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

MWHC....how that picture stuff works?
            I have very little knowledge about computers,so if it isn't too complicated i'll be grateful if you find some time to explain completely procedure.
            Thanx in advance.

sf
            My life, my rules

Comment

First you need a FTP program. A file transfer program. I use WS_FTP32 LE. The file is WS_FTP32.ZIP if you want to search for it. Next you need to call your provider and find out where to upload items to. They will also tell you what path to display so anyone can download things out of your public directory.

So get the FTP program and than call your internet provider (they will tell you the rest). It's really easy as soon as you know how. WS_FTP32 LE is free, or shareware anyway.

Comment

RAH

What on earth are you talking about? I never bother building boats early, and most certainly won't build a trireme. Next you will probably think that I like the Lighthouse of all things, and will start accusing me of stealing techs without mercy. who here has ever known me to steal techs?
                The camel is not a part of civ.
                THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!
                SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!

Comment

I would never accuse you of it.
                  I just state facts.
                  My poor daughter still gives me abuse over Katieland.

RAH
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Um, that's Katilostherland now.
                    The camel is not a part of civ.
                    THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!
                    SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X