Tales from the Monday Night Diplo Front - The Climax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the Monday Night Diplo Front - The Climax

It appears that the time has come to begin a new thread, since the other is over 150. It is great to be part of one that long.

Here is the link back t the orginal:
    http://www.apolyton.net/forums/Forum2/HTML/001906.html

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Epik (edited April 05, 2001).]</font>

Zarvox emerges from the Palace of Asylum

My meditations are complete and I have heard the views of this world's leaders.

Evolution of this species requires the environment of Alpha Centauri. It is the ultimate test of the species, and they must go to the stars or become extinct in the attempt.

Suas has shown some wisdom. Carthage is well defended and any army that invades would be destroyed. It is illogical to waste the lives and production of a tribe in such a futile endevour. He has offered Carthage peace and we will accept it. We will welcome his colonists when they arrive at Alpha Centauri and reserve a small portion of land for them. We will also remain vigilant during our remaining years on this world, in case he has not completely renounced deception.

I once again, call upon SunTzu and Desdenova to realize the futility of war and to join the star trek. Certain death awaits those that enter the Holy Orange Homeland. It would sadden us to watch blue and purple blood flow.

Zarvox mysteriously dematerializes

Comment

UN Podium
      suas of egypt

"Here in Egypt we don't believe you'll be able to stop Epik's ship, but if you can prove that you at least have a shot, then we'll consider halting the space program here.
      As for you Zarfox, we merely accepted peace on the grounds that we could do little more to hurt each other. We would like nothing better than to crush your civ to the ground, and live a life here on a egyptian led earth than in AC. Unfortunately this is not at all possible.
      You Mongols have a shot i guess at invading Carthage, if I can see you successfully advancing, I won't launch, thats the best i can do for you, sorry."

Comment

More words of wisdom from The Capo...

It seems as if the tables have turned on Egypt. The once proud imperialistic Democracy has succumed to a Fundamentalist Regime who has been proven impotent by the Carthagines. All of the past few decades have occured in vain, the fighting, invading, wars of words, everything has been put asunder as Zaravox has began construction of his space ship.

Egypt has shown they have no resolve, no mettle. They would rather accept a Carthagine victory, and go against their own policy in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds. I make a plea with the Egyptian government, to the Neanderthal government, and to the Mongolian government not to go down with out a fight. Not to go quietly, why accept defeat?

He who accepts defeat merely at the sight of his enemy is the weakest of the weak. If the combined efforts of the world, including the mighty Egypt can not topple Zaravox and his insane cultic religion, then what was the fear in Egypt anyway?

Stop trying to hold on to your pathetic power! Throw everything you've got at Carthage, every soldier, ever bullet, every ounce of oil, every peice of metal, throw it at Carthage. Do you really think they could survive such an onslaught?

Hah, it makes me laugh that such proud and powerful men have been neutered by a crazed lunatic who believes himself to be an alien. The imposing Big Yellow Empire is now a laughable beast...

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Capo, Maryland
          Egyptian Ambassador
          1896 AD

The story is not so simple Capo. Big Yellow Egypt has still has plenty of mussle, but not the means to break through a close knit network of defense specifically designed by Zarfoxian Carthage to avoid invasion. Sure Egypt can try combining forces with the other nations of the world to bring down the space ship, but what if we don't get there in time?
          Here in Egypt we have explored our 2 options, try to destroy a Carthagian Spaceship, or build our own and beat them to it. Even with Mongolian and Neanderthal land assistance, Egypt still believes that it is a greater risk to invade Carthage than to simply beat them to AC, which Egyptian accountants believe can likely happen.
          In an attempt to not abandon the Mongols and Neanderthals in this world, we have given them a last hope. If they can show that they are able to stop a Carthagian ship, we will abandon our own ship. Unfortunately Egypt will not join them in such a war as it would compromise our position.

Comment

We have heard the threats of the Neanderthals and Mongols.

Are you offically declaring war, or do you plan to wait a little longer before taking that drastic step?

Just want to be sure that our diplo game standard of a 1 turn warning is maintained.

Comment

It was snowing outside of Desdenovas bastion and winter was just setting in. "What a sad day it is" thought Desdenova as he approached the media room in his palace......

The room grew silence as Desdenova took the podium. The look of worry was on each and every person's face.

"Friends, family and fellow man, it is a dark day in the history of man kind. Two of our worldly neighbors have made it clear that they will soon be building starships in which to escape this earth and leave all other nations behind. Their selfish quest for glory has brought them to this decision and it seems that nothing will change their minds now. Our country and our Neanderthal allies have been feuding for years over the use of seemingly un-neccesary violence and barbaric practices, but the true monsters of this world are now clear as day. Obsession to finish first has overcome both Carthage and Egypt and it will be this obsession that leads them both to hell. We Mongols are not stupid and obviously do not believe that we have the resources to take down either the Carthaginians or Egyptians alone or with the Neanderthals help for that matter. But we do know what is right and we will hold onto that until our deaths. Many of our countrymen will die fighting no doubt, but it is a cause worthy of fighting. Though the Egyptians and Carthaginians have always been friends to the Mongols, the day has come in which this friendship will cease. As the ruler of Mongolia, we hereby declare war upon Carthage and Egypt for their clear intent to build spaceships and the crime against humanity that this represents. Lock your women and children away in bunkers, for something evil comes to this world...."

Desdenova moved quickly to the exit of the room as reporters yelled frantically for questions to be answered. Some however had gone into shock and were sitting quietly in their seats, tears streaming down thier faces. Everyone's nightmare had come true....a war to end all wars was going to begin......it was only a matter of time.

Since technically, the game is still on my turn, my declaration of war is valid starting then. Offensive manuevers will be "legal" on my following turn. If Egypt and Carthage wish to counter my declaration, let it be known. We also will be looking for SunTzu's support in declaring war against the traitors of the human race......
              <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by drake (edited April 09, 2001).]</font>
              I see the world through bloodshot eyes
              Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Tonights the night. Lets all be nice and early so we can fix our little apollo program (This means you SunTzu! It's ok to be on time ).

Bring'ton

Comment

War Room of Sao Paolo Military Base

My fellow generals we have all heard cries for help from neanderthal and mongolian citizens alike to stop the traitors to the human race. We will do so but not now. When we strike we will throw all we got to the war our nuclear capabilities are growing with a stockpile of 4 nuclear missles based all around the globe. This is our finest hour!

I'll be there tonight

Comment

Sun, you better have a good reason for dropping offline last night and not coming back. If not, please find a sub. Your inconsistency is damaging the game whether it's intentional or not.

Comment

Perhaps SunTzu was abducted by aliens... Zarvox has warned of the Klingons...

Comment

Well I hope the connections are better this week... no thunderstorms forcast in my area (too cold for that).

See ya about 6 PM eastern time.

Comment

Yes, enough of prolonging Mongolian world domination !

See yall tonight.

Comment

I'm taking the long way home from work today because my normal route home is closed for the marathon, so it might take a little longer than usual. I don't think I'll be late for our game, but if I am, you know why.......

Comment

Egyptian Capital This_Being_Milk
                              1899 AD
                              High Priest Suas

The earth has sunk to a new low this session. Neanderthal nukes assist Sun Tsu the Insane's promise to burn the world to a crisp. Egyptian military had the burder of kiling weaker Neanderthal soldiers with modern missiles and stealth type bombers.
                              Next came the Mongolian advance, taking many Yellow owned subsidiary areas of control including Japan, Suez Canal, parts of the South Pole near New Zealand, and Saudi Arabia. Egyptian response was equally as painful, as treaties of this earth were torn with Yellow Nuclear missiles near Japan.
                              In reponse to the Nuking, Zarfox and the Carthagians have declared war and begin an advance at the Kancutchka region.
                              As High Priest of a still hugely profitable civilization, I must stay in the capital building where it is safe for now. Our worldly branches are being liberated by the local people's of different civs, but our core in North America remain protected. I have announced that I will be leaving as one of the 10,000 colonists abord the ESS Suas after the completion of the project. All law and reason in this world has been used up already, and its time to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X