No announcement yet.

Tales from the Monday Night Diplo Front - The Climax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah lets call it here. I am tired of complaining. I can get rather stuborn when I think I am right, and that mood will probably spoil what is left of the game for me. I also am not looking forward to the long turns that would be coming up.

I would rather remember the fun times I had in this game. I had a blast being the destroyer of ancient wonders. The great tech race was exciting. SilkRiver was a great science city, producing over 400 beakers at times. It took a lot of work to keep up with Suas and his 70+ cities. I always wanted to build more cities, but there always seemed to be something else that I needed to do with my settlers.

Looking back there are a few things I would change at the start. I think the Americas should have been left empty at the start. I would also improve the land in the southern hemisphere to give all the players a more equal start. It seems that the Neanderthals and Mongols fell behind early because of the poor terrain in the south.

I would like to thank SunTzu for picking up and sticking with the backward Neanderthals. I think he improved them a lot, and seemed to have some fun being barbaric.

I am gonna take a break from Civing for awhile. It was a long hard struggle getting a game to the modern era. I must have started 25 and this is the only one that got there. I thank you all for that experience. Now that I have been there, I am disappointed with the problems we encountered, but the fun I had along the way will not be forgotten.

I still think the game needs a victory condition, but AC does not seem to be a popular one. Perhaps someone will come up with a better way to bring the game to a conclusion.

Again... Thanks for the game Suas, Drake, SunTzu and the original Neanderthal Clay Pigeon.

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Epik (edited May 08, 2001).]</font>

Comment

Yes my friends, it has been a great journey and I thank you all for your time and dedication.

I will write up a nice Mongolian history and it would be great if everyone else could do the same, just so we have proper closure.......I plan to write it so it goes from "once upon a time" to "the end".

As with Epik, this is the first real game that I have truly finished. It is the best civ game I ever played bar none. I can only hope that current and future games can hold up to my now very high expectations.

Suas, Epik, Sun and Clay, I hope to meet you again on the field sometime, its been a pleasure....................

PS: Hope we all learned that we shouldnt underestimate someone, especially when their backs to the wall!
      I see the world through bloodshot eyes
      Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Wow what a game, what a finish. Congratulations to all
        I realy thought Suas333 would take the game. He did have the better start and a strong economy. It is too bad for Epik. I was also ignorant of the $1000.00 gold rule. mabe a case of too much knowlage hurts, or a case of Murphys law. Drake supprised me. that was a dam good play, to take both capitols. I want to thank SunTzu for taking the backward non human tribe, and taking them to the end.
        All in all it is a better game that ends in controversy.

------------------
        if i display a lack of skill, please note the enthusiasm
        if i display a lack of skill, please note the enthusiasm

Comment

Working...
        X